Can anyone change a Metasequoia airplane file to G3.5 file

rocketodd

Can anyone change a Metasequoia airplane file to G3.5 file

If anyone can, they can use some pre-existing FMS planes that i can get.

Or,

As long as they are not from a copyrighted game or stealing someone else's work, without permission, you can use a plug-in for 3DSMax. It still takes a bit of work to get the file up to speed for Real Flight.

Last edited:
that is what dhk79 was getting at: were they your models or do you you have permission to convert the models? It appears both are a "no" Anyone can go out and find numerous models and convert them....but unless they have the modelers permission it shouldn't be done. (If the creator of the models wanted them in G3.5 he probably would do so himself is my guess)

The upside is the guy IS publishing the source models.

If he didn't want them released and used, one would think that he wouldn't put them up.

Even then though the "proper" thing to do is to ask permission.

---

It would be nice to see a few G3 3D designers purposely post the source files to a few planes as well, to spur more learning too.

Unfortunately and inevitably though some a-hat would make a small modification and release the plane as their own.

Someone even had the gaul to release the stick figure example that KE put out as their own plane... sigh.

Last edited:
Even if someone would be so inclined to release source files, they can't at the moment. A MAX file is not an acceptable file format and a ZIP of one is still too big for the file limits. My smallest aircraft MAX file is still nearly a MB and only zips down to 220 KB.

If the file limits can be amended, I'd be willing to donate the source files for the first plane I ever did for Real Flight. I don't consider this plane to be up to my current standards and so it hasn't been posted to the new swap pages. In fact, the only way I would post it would be to redo it from the start.

So if there is a way it can be posted, you can have it.

To correct my last comment about if the creator wanted them published he would......I do know that he is / has converted and released a couple of the models into G3....which is great!! I meant tho.....the rest of the models that have yet to be converted. My guess is he is waiting or in the process of converting the models he would like to bring to G3.

Hi,

if anybody is thinking about converting these models to G3.5, the mail address is on the main page: logic_wizard [at] yahoo.co.jp.

Regards,
Frank

Back