Can I delete files from my download folder after I have imported them? I am very new and not too savy thanks a lot guys

Dips

Can I delete files from my download folder after I have imported them? I am very new and not too savy thanks a lot guys

Yes you can,...as long as it`s not one of mine....:whistle::whistle::)....Just navigate to your download files in/on your computer...pick a file to be deleted, by right clicking on it, and click on delete in the menu that will appear......You will also need to delete it from your RF menu, to do so, start RF, click on "simulation" (upper left), then click on "manage user files"....then, click on the box next to "aircraft"...then click on the box next to "imported", and choose the plane to be deleted by RIGHT clicking on it and click on delete. One thing is... DO NOT have the plane to be deleted.. loaded in RF (on the runway) otherwise, you`ll have to go through the whole process again by changing planes and starting over.

Unk, I don't think he wants to delete the plane IN RF, just the plane's downloaded source file. My suggestion is that unless Dips is hurting for disk space, just leave it in the download folder. It's not hurting anything. And unless things change when the next version of RF comes out, it will be easy to just import it into the new version. It's a PITA that there isn't an automatic "copy my imported aircraft into the new RF" procedure. I know it can be done manually, but it's still a PITA.

Ya know Bill, after having read the question over, I think you`re right, I could have :giggle::giggle: misinterpreted it after a few 🍺🍺`s

No sweat. IMHO, more information that might not be necessary is better than not enough. And I really hope they make an automated way to import all the custom aircraft from previous versions. I finally deleted RF5.5, but I still have 7.5 & 8 installed, and I should probably kill 7.5, too. I haven't upgraded to 9/9.5S. So I had 3 installed copies + the originally downloaded files on my HD/SSD. I don't have to worry about disk space, though. I have a 1TB SSD boot/os/program drive, and a 3TB mirrored RAID data volume. And I've had to remember how to transfer them every time. I've had RF2..3..5..7..8. If I ever had RF1, I don't remember for sure, but I've been on the forum since 2000. The first version had the original 15-pin game port controller, and I think I got the USB InterLink Elite about 5.5.

Last edited:
YES Y0U CAN ITS VERY EASY. JUST GO TO THE AIRCRAFT OR THE AIRPORT YOU WANT GONE RIGHT CLICK ON IT IT WILL ASK YOU IF WANT TO DELETE OR RENAME IMPORTANT YOU CANT DELETE THE OBJECTS IF YOUR ON\USEING THEM NOW. SO IF YOU DOWNLOAD MY 3 BUILDERS CORNERS WITH ALL THE TOYS YOULL HAVE THEM FOREVER...EVEN IF YOU DELETE AFTER DOWNLOADING TRY IT REMEMBER TO CHECK OUT ALL MY FPV AIRPORTS

Back