Can Someone Import My Photofield

JasonB

I have created a photofield to the best of my ability. It's actually my fathers field where I grew up. It's a large open field with elevation changes and trees all around.

My question is can someone please import my field and tell me how to fix a few issues?

My first concern is the "stretching" of the trees, they look like they are 200 feet tall. I can only assume this is due to not enough pixles in the zenith direction (i.e. more sky needed) but the problem is this field is over an hour away at my parents house. Is there anyone on here that can "photoshop" my images to make it fit? Anyone is welcome to use my pano anyway they please.

If you need all the shots let me know but be warned they are 10MegaPixles each and there are 80 some odd pictures so it is large.

Thank you for your help

Well, I just tried to upload the file and found that my file (15MB) is to large to upload...so if you will send me your email I can dump it on you that way...

JasonB said:
Ok, I belive I have it hosted correctly online and now all you have to do is download...however, be warned its 15.7MB

I will work on it for you Jason. Give me a couple of days.

Fangar

Holy, moly!! I have a pretty robust system (3ghz dual core, 2gb ram), but it took 10 to 15 minutes for g3.5 to import and convert it. It required at least 1 gb of FREE memory to do the conversion. I did it just out of curiosty--not to help, because I know nothing about creating airfields. It is an interesting picture though. When you fly your model around it, the the trees, all vertical lines converge to a single point (the sun in this case).
My point here is it's downloadable as it is, but you will need a system capable of doing the import--only top end systems will be able to do it--otherwise, you'll be wasting your time..........

churlock said:
Holy, moly!! I have a pretty robust system (3ghz dual core, 2gb ram), but it took 10 to 15 minutes for g3.5 to import and convert it. It required at least 1 gb of FREE memory to do the conversion. I did it just out of curiosty--not to help, because I know nothing about creating airfields. It is an interesting picture though. When you fly your model around it, the the trees, all vertical lines converge to a single point (the sun in this case).
My point here is it's downloadable as it is, but you will need a system capable of doing the import--only top end systems will be able to do it--otherwise, you'll be wasting your time..........

LOL... That is just a raw pano. It needs to be resized and sky and ground added. I have the sky done, and will get at the ground when I get some time. It should be fine. There will be a few issues with the elevation at points, but I think most of it shoudl work out.

Jason, what are you going to call it so I can name it?

Fangar

Fangar, thank you so very much for helping out! As for the name you can call it FunField or something like that I am not real picky.

As for the time to import, I agree it took a little while for me as well. I have a P4 3.2Gig with 1Gig memory and it took about 3-5 minutes for it to import the raw jpeg image. I found something intereting, when I flew over the fence it treated the fence line as a landing spot and allowed me to land on the "air" near the fence...I found this very interesting. Does G3 automatically put the "ground" for object to interact at a certain point? How does it know where to place this area for the models to interact with?

Fangar, again thank you for your help on this! If you want the individual images I can supply them to you but creating that Pano took my computer about 4-5Hours!

churlock said:

Yeah when I had my pano sized at 3:2 instead 2:1 I was getting ridiculous load times too - the resulting field was also 63Mb in size.

Stick to a 2:1 pano and recommended dimensions and you get something much more reasonable.

See this thread:
https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=15288

Fangar, have you had any luck with this? Do you think that for the next photofield I do if I get the 180* by 360* it will work?

I d/l your street photofield in front of your house and was very impressed! I however, don't have the expansion pack so some minor things changed...

Very nice though!!

Hopefully, mine will turn out as good.

JasonB said:
Fangar, have you had any luck with this? Do you think that for the next photofield I do if I get the 180* by 360* it will work?

I d/l your street photofield in front of your house and was very impressed! I however, don't have the expansion pack so some minor things changed...

Very nice though!!

Hopefully, mine will turn out as good.

Jason,

I am just about there. It is going to take me some time to put in all of the Collision buffers. The one you posted is fine. It is a little blurry in a couple of spots where the images were stitched, but overall, not too bad. It is some work to add the sky on this one as there is a lot of blending to do around the tree line. I will likely just add some 3D trees to the horizon around the areas that have issues to fix the line.

It is going to be a few more days as I am short of time right now.

Fangar

Take your time, I have learned its better to be paitent and get a quality product than to rush the work and get rushed crap...

Wow, you are even adding the collision objects...I am very much impressed!!

The truck in the pano (titan) is my fathers and he left the back door open...DOH! I don't guess that will pose a huge problem.

Once you are done, I am going to study what you did so I can create more flying fields. Here in town we have a club with a fantastic field to fly it and I plan to get out there and take tons of photos to create another flying field... Hopefully, I can get this one correct with the right number of pictures (of sky and ground).

Again, thanks man!

No problem. The only real problem so far are the trees above the area where the truck is. The tops got cut off in your photo, so I am trying to create some tops and make them blend into the sky a bit better. I will likely put in the 3D Trees to cover this area if I can't get it to look right. Thanks for the patience.

Fangar

Jason,

The field is all done and posted under the Swap Pages. It came out nice if I can vote myself... ;)

I like the effect that I got with the trees for the most part. I put in a 3D fence to help with the ground slope issue where the chicken wire (Ort Barbed wire) fence was. It seems to blend pretty well. Most of the distances feel ok. The far ends of the field were left out, as the dietances were so far away anyway.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Fangar

Also...

I was going to add a tip for furture reference. When taking the pano photos, really the only spots where you need to elevate the camera are those where the tops of the trees or buildings are lost. There were only a couple of places in this one where that occured. What I do is take the 360's and make a mental note where the tall trees are. Then I go back and take the uppers of just the areas where the tops were lost. I stitch the 360's and then add the tree tops and etc in photoshop. This has worked well for me in the past.

Cheers,

Fangar

Hey thank you very much, I will go download it now. I am glad that it turned out good. I will have to look very closely at what you did so I can try to do the next one on my own...

Thanks again man!

JasonB said:
Hey thank you very much, I will go download it now. I am glad that it turned out good. I will have to look very closely at what you did so I can try to do the next one on my own...

Thanks again man!

No Worries. Let me know how you like it.

Fangar

All I can say is FANTASTIC! I sent it to my father (it's his field and titan truck in the pictures) and he absolutely loved it! There is nothing better than getting to fly in your own field! I think it turned out extremely well, and you are definilty talented with photoshop and G3 airport editor!

I will try and get my next one by myself, now that I know how to take the pictures. I plan to do one of a local flying field here in huntsville Alabama...It's really a nice place. I will join this club as soon as I get a "real" helicopter as all I own right now is a Blade CP Pro...I hope to own a Raptor 60 soon...

I pretty much had the same problems I think with a pano. So you basically added sky to the pano to give it that 180x360 view? I wasn't using the right lense and mine is definitely not 180. Like the others said - the trees are huge.

I can post a smaller pic when I get home and let you tell me if its possible to get it to work if you would :confused:

shakes268 said:
I pretty much had the same problems I think with a pano. So you basically added sky to the pano to give it that 180x360 view? I wasn't using the right lense and mine is definitely not 180. Like the others said - the trees are huge.

I can post a smaller pic when I get home and let you tell me if its possible to get it to work if you would :confused:

Shakes. Post the full sized pano to a server and will let you know if I can work with it. Jason took some great photos that really made his pretty easy. Post it to a server and then email me the link for download to: harleyfxdwg at comcast . net

Fangar

Back