Cannot save model/read only

TrueBuild

Cannot save model/read only (Solved)

Hi all,
Can you help?
I seem to have messed up my system a little.
I'm doing a simple thing like changing the smoke parameters, but when I come to save the model RF7.5 says the model file is read only so I have to change the name a little by adding a number say. Then the model saves ok.

So the problem must be that I have some how made files/folders needed by RF read only ;)

Where are the model files that I am changing e.g. 3dhs extra 330lt 108 so that I can set the permissions back to Read and Write/Modify?

Edit:-
I have just found the root file 3dhs extra 330lt 108.rfvehicle in the C:\Users\Username\Documents\RealFlight 7\Vehicles\CustomVehicles
The odd thing is there are no files that match my modified ones ;(
3dhs extra 330lt 108.rfvehicle file is not read only ;(

Last edited:
If you edit a stock model you must rename it in the pop-up box to save your variation (AV) of the stock model.
Imported models from the swap pages do not need to be renamed when editing.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Since this is in my C:\Users\Username\Documents\RealFlight 7\Vehicles\CustomVehicles\3dhs extra 330lt 108.rfvehicle folder, I assume that it must be a swap page plane.
The problem is that RF says the file is read only when I have just create a new version of the plane by adding to the name.
RF is using the plane I have changed the name of, but I cannot find where it is being saved on the PC ;(

I have found the problem

It was Windows Defenders new anti ransomware blocking changes to user data.
By using "Allow an app through Controlled folder access" and adding a an allowed app, e.g. RealFlight7.exe
RealFlight7 now works :)

Back