Can't download any aircrafts on 9.5

OK. Show me EXACTLY the command or menu option built into any version of RF (not your browser) that actually downloads an aircraft file. Show me a screen shot. And don't try to claim that importing the file from your HD is downloading it. Also, please prove that ANYTHING in that post is untrue.

Do those things & I'll gladly post a public apology. If you can't do that, I'll expect the same.
OH, I hadn't noticed your user name. It looks like a very accurate description to me!

Thanks, Rc51dude
you stated this on your earlier reply:
The download is done in your browser... right here in the message board under "Swap Pages" at the top. Select the file you want. Download it into a location you can find - the default download directory works great. THEN run RF. Unless steam does it differently from RF8: click on Simulation..Import..Realflight Archive..select the file you just downloaded. Using the aircraft menu, select the aircraft you just imported. Fly.

and that's EXACTLY how I've been doing it since the earlier versions in the past...
But here's the "CATCH"........It's no LONGER WORKING FOR ME THAT WAY! get it yet?????
and that's why I came on here to find out if any of you know the reasons why....
So I resorted to my friends way of doing it, (Which I already know is poop)since no one here had an answer for me... BUT IT WORKS (and that's what matters)! and someone asks me to share it and so I did and now they find it to be ridiculous (again I agree) BUT IT WORKS,but this individual is trying to call me out on this "Ridiculous Process" which I already know it is,but insist on having a HISSY FIT.
Bill Stuntz,you didn't have any answers for me to rectify this, all you had to offer was a hissy fit.But all I wanted to do was to have some way for me to download "ANYWAY I CAN".
Bottom line,your way and my way of downloading in the past (Both similar) NO LONGER WORKS FOR ME.Unless you have a solution( which you obviously don't) for my particular problem,you really have nothing to offer in terms of a solution.
Oh by the way,my name FootFungus...it's a name with no meaning other than just thinking of a name off the top of my head just to use and register here,but you're too shallow to understand that and obviously have no sense of humor (since you want to call names indirectly).

Last edited:
So how do I go about downloading into another download file? or how do I tell windows where to download to?

It doesn't sound like you have been doing this a while, if you don't know how to download the file into a default location or create your own file location maybe computers just aren't for you.

Last edited:
OK. I know for absolute certain that "my" way works, always has, and presumably always will. I can't imagine how the confusing/redundant copy/paste you described could do anything to correct the security violation you described in your first post - except that you ultimately allowed it to download into the default download directory - which did work after you jumped through a couple unnecessary hoops. The suggestions I made in my post#3 are the only ways I can even imagine generating the security error you described. I'm still guessing that your initial attempt was trying to save the file into a protected location like the Steam/RF program directory. But I don't know for sure. You've never told us where you were trying to save it when it didn't work.

Last edited:
Am I right, the process for downloading aircraft from the game is from menu Help -> Websites-> Swap Pages. Which then opens your web browser and opens the swap pages. Then click an aircraft to download. Click download and it downloads and saves the file to your selected directory. You then select Simulation -> import -> Realflight Archive. Dialogue box opens to select the file to import. You change to the correct directory and import the file.

Now at exactly what stage do you get the message ”Security settings does not allow the download.”?

if it is at the web browser download stage it could be that you re trying to save the download into a directory that you do not have access rights to. Say in program files or system file directories. Can you even download any files from your web browser?

Back