? Can't download planes out of the blue.

ARKIEFLYER49

Tried to download a plane, as I have many times, now this message pops up.
"This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app, or if one is installed, create an association in the default app setting page". Well shut the front door. What the Double Hockey Stick!!!!! I do think I need some help with this, Sometimes Stupid is as Stupid does!

You don't "use an app" to open the file from the Windows desktop. Windows itself has no idea what to do with a .rfx file. Simply save the file to your download directory. Then run RF & tell it to import the file. Under RF8 it's under "Simulation...Import"

Yes, are you trying to "download" the plane from the Swap Pages OR Import it into RealFlight "after" you downloaded it? You mentioned trying to "download" it so I assumed you mean you couldn't download a plane from the Swap Pages.

I'm confused. The only way I can get a similar message is to left-click the download link, select my downloads directory as the location, & then try to execute the downloaded .rfx file. The same behavior occurs no matter which browser I use. Are you maybe trying to download it directly into the RF program directory? But that should give you a different "can't save it here" type message, but would keep it from actually downloading. Are you SURE it isn't downloading... maybe into an unexpected directory and you just haven't found it? That seems unlikely, but I can't think of any way you could get the message you said you get unless the file actually downloads & you try to execute the .rfx file.

Last edited:
Download and save the file, pay attention to where the download is saved to. (That is where you have to browse to, so you can import it) picture#2.

Attachments

• Import_1.jpg
    Import_1.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Import_2.jpg
    Import_2.jpg
    452.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Import_3.jpg
    Import_3.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 8
If you are using the new style menu, then follow these steps to get you to the select file popup screen.

Attachments

• Import-1.jpg
    Import-1.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Import-2.jpg
    Import-2.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Import-3.jpg
    Import-3.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Import-4.jpg
    Import-4.jpg