Can't get Multiplayer to work

McDDD

First a little background history.

I used to be able to fly online in multiplayer up through 4.0. After upgrading to 4.5, I could no longer get the multiplayer to work. I have since upgraded to 5.5, version .034 and still can't get the multiplayer to work. I always get the "Directory server connection failed." splash screen.

Back when I was successfully using multiplayer on 4.0, I was on a dialup connection. I never got multiplayer to work with the dialup on 4.5 or 5.5.

I'm now using a Verizon 3G Mobile Hotspot wireless USB device to connect to the internet. There is no router or cable/phone modem involved. I still can't get multiplayer to work.

I have attached the launcheroutput.txt file.

I understand that setting up ports is no longer required, but I never got that to work either

I've been waiting for years to get multiplayer to work again. Can anybody help me figure out how to get it working?

Attachments

• launcheroutput.txt
    235.5 KB · Views: 3
I'm now using a Verizon 3G Mobile Hotspot wireless USB device to connect to the internet.

I'm not sure that device is compatible for use in multiplayer. If RF's tech support can't help you, try Verizon's tech support.

The USB connection on the Mobile Hotspot installs drivers that make the system believe it is connected to a small LAN via USB.

The Verizon Hot Spot device then acts as your router.

The problem is that the Mobile Hot spot does not support uPnP nor ANYTHING that that would permit you to configure Port Forwarding which is required by Multiplayer games.

Google for "verizon mobile hotspot upnp" and you'll see everyone complaining about this...

You'll need to find an alternative way to connect to the internet that is NOT dialup.

You'll need to find an alternative way to connect to the internet that is NOT dialup.

Until 2 years ago, dialup was my only option. The Verizon hotspot has been a godsend!

Unfortunately, the Verizon hotspot is my only option right now to even approach broadband speeds. So I guess multiplayer still isn't an option. At least I can stop beating my head against the wall like jeffpn. ;)

Thanks to all of you who tried to help!

Maybe Realflight tech support will come through with a solution in the future. If they do, I'll post it here.

Maybe Realflight tech support will come through with a solution in the future. If they do, I'll post it here.
Or...
Maybe Verizon will come up with a solution in the future. That's where your problem lies.

Back