can't seem to view G3 screenshots....help.

JEFFRO503

hey guys.......I am trying to view a few screenshots from g3 , and i can't seem to figure out how to export them into a "readable file". I go in the screenshots folder and i see the "g3screenshot" file , but how do i actually veiw the dang thing? I know it's something simple , but for some reason i am having a hard time. I have created a couple pretty wild paint schemes and am flying them around and they look pretty friggin good in the game. i plan on uploading some pictures here for you guys......but i can't veiw the dang screenshots! Can ya help me out , with how i can do this? thanks guys

JEFFRO503

Screenshots

When u take screenshots in G3 u hit the tab key. These screenshots will show up as Jpeg files named something like screenshotxxx xxxx. U find these in the main folder which on my computer is C:program files then just click on Realflight G3 the files are there. Or u also can hit printscreen and go to start run type mspaint hit ok
that opens Mspaint then hit edit and paste tada there it is also. then save as and the rest is up to U. Hope this helps. Also make sure and pick the smaller file to post. Not sure what the posting limit size is here! U can check out some of my post just search skiman21632 click on my name and select find all post
these will show preview and downloadable Colorscheme files ive posted. Please do download if u like the schemes. there g3x easy to install. Oh and also make sure u view ur page as thumbnail that will point u right to them Skiman <><

Last edited:
Well.....i just ended up using the "printscreen" key on the keyboard............i couldn't get anything else to work. You we're saying that when you press the "TAB" key on your keyboard , your G3 then saves a a "JPG" file to the Snapshots folder?

In my snapshots folder...........the only files that appear in there after I take a snapshot with the TAB key , is a file called a "SNAPSHOTG3" type file.........i can not find a program which will open the "SNAPSHOT" file. I'm wondering what good is the TAB key to take a screenshot , when all it does is produce a file , nobody seems to know how to open?

I have got to be missing something here.

Thanks for the advice on the "printscreen" way......kind of forgot about using that method.

gonna try and post a couple of my "MAD CLOWN Yak 54"..............

JEFFRO503

Attachments

• MadClown Yak 54 #1.jpg
    MadClown Yak 54 #1.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 22
  • MadClown Yak 54 #2.jpg
    MadClown Yak 54 #2.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 22
  • MadClown Yak 54 #3.jpg
    MadClown Yak 54 #3.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 24
No.

It DOES save very nice screenshots when you hit tab, but they will be located in the main C:\Program Files\RealflightG3 folder.

Look there for the *.jpg files.

Back