Cant use a 3 position switch?

Asbock12

Hey all.
I recently purchased RF9 and a ws2000 dongle to set up with my dx9 to do some sim flying this winter. I wanted to assign the switches differently and upon doing so, I cant seem to get the software to recognize a 3 position switch. When I change the drop down menu to toggle for the particular channel I want to assign the 3 position switch to then click assign, it pops up the screen and tells me to move the switch, so I do. It recognizes the channel I have that switch assigned to but it switches the drop down menu back to proportional rather than toggle and only recognizes the switch as either on or off. meaning 1 position it shows no value on the channel, the other 2 positions it shows full value. Anyone know a way around this? Thanks in advance for any responses!

Ps: After doing research in to this it looks like I would have been better off to pony up the extra $80 and get the interlink dx with the software as it looks like the most compatible thing. Just really didn't want a cord as I use tower/tv set up for my computer in my living room and I doubt the interlink comes with a 25 ft cord. Guess i should have dealt with it and put a kitchen chair closer to the tv lol
Andrew

Last edited:
Toggle means On/Off. Proportional is -150 / 0 / +150 (potentially) 3 positions (like flaps switch). Use proportional setting. Proportional can also mean variable.

You also have to use a channel of the radio that is transmitted. The rate switches are not transmitted. You need to use the gear/mode/flaps switch or the dial. The WS2000 only receives 8 channels of data not the 9 you have available.

You can buy USB extensions. I don't know how well it will work over 25feet.

Last edited:
Back