Change is painful

JTUTTLE11

Due to the recent failure of my old computer I must transfer all my files to the new machine. I am wondering if I'll need a new code to activate RF Evo on steam or will it allow me to install the program using the code I've already paid for?

Hello
You just need to install Steam and log in with that and log in with your account .
Then you can download EVOLUTION again in the library

That's an advantage of Steam. Once you have purchased something on Steam (or redeemed a code), then that purchase stays with your Steam account and can move from one computer to another. In fact, you can install RF on multiple computers, but Steam will enforce the license to make sure you're only using it on one computer at a time.

That's an advantage of Steam. Once you have purchased something on Steam (or redeemed a code), then that purchase stays with your Steam account and can move from one computer to another. In fact, you can install RF on multiple computers, but Steam will enforce the license to make sure you're only using it on one computer at a time.
Thanks for the info. My old machine is dying fast.

If you wanted to preserve any other data such as your RealFlight settings, challenge scores, training system progress, and/or custom models, you would need to copy those over manually from within your <Documents>\RealFlight Evolution folder. But as flightengr said, Steam makes the process of installing the software itself incredibly easy! It is indeed one of the benefits of Steam.

If you wanted to preserve any other data such as your RealFlight settings, challenge scores, training system progress, and/or custom models, you would need to copy those over manually from within your <Documents>\RealFlight Evolution folder. But as flightengr said, Steam makes the process of installing the software itself incredibly easy! It is indeed one of the benefits of Steam.
I got Realflight installed on the new machine, now I have to recover files on the old one. I would NOT recommend the 'Reset or Clean Install' process. BUT, I have been able to recover the color schemes I've created to share. I appreciate all the advice and help I've received. Thanks to everyone who responded to an OLD Dog trying to cope with New tech. LOL

Back