channel mapping problem

hunt4679

when i go into the channel mapping to reverse any channels or just go in and click ok I get a message that an error has occured and the sim has to shut down
does this have to do with the new update being a beta version?

It is not expected to crash, even with the beta update. I'll have a look at this in the morning to see if I can reproduce it.

this is the error info
Appname:realflight.exe
Appver:3.0.0.410
Modname:realflight.exe
Modver:3.0.0.410
offset0005a4d3

I tried several times this afternoon with our 7CAP and could not reproduce. Unfortunately the information that you pasted above doesn't have enough detail to figure out what caused the crash.

Travis

travis have you figured anything out with the 7cap yet? Im trying to configure the planes for air brakes and flaperons and its getting pretty annoying trying to do this. channel mapping seems to be the only to make this happen. by the way love the photo feilds!!! are there going to be any more?

No. As I said above I've tried several times and could not reproduce the problem that you are mentioning. I'll ask Montana to test it some more. Maybe I'm missing something.

The only thing that I do is connect my 7cap to the interlink and go into channel mapping and all i have to do click ok then I get an error message that It has to shut down. the channel mapping works fine with just the interlink, and the 7cap works as long as i dont go into channel mapping. I can view the error in detail but cant find a way to cut and paste it. I right click and get nothing :confused:

here are two shots that i can send the other is a whole list of numbers and letters about a mile long and i cant copy and paste that for some reason

Attachments

• error on g3.JPG
    error on g3.JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 65
  • error on g3 2.JPG
    error on g3 2.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 67
Channel mapping problem

Vitek

I have the same or similar problem when using channel mapping with my Futaba 9chp.
After RF3 .410 loads I bring up channel mapping - when I change the sevro reverse or any other function and click 'ok' - RF3 then crashes and I get the error message. I don't even have to make any changes in the channel mapping screen and it crashes after pushing the 'ok' button. If only the 'cancel' button is pushed it goes back into the sim and everything works. The 9chp works as long as I don't go try to map any channels.
Mapping works ok with just the interlink.
I have attached a screen shot of the first 2 error message screens.

System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2048MB RAM
DX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU
MFR: NVIDIA
Version: 6.14.0010.7803 (English)
Water cooled CPU & GPU
CD-ROM (?:\) LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-851S (?)
CD-ROM (?:\) TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B (?)
Installed in: C:\RealFlightG3
Free Disk Space (C:\): 244592 mb free
Launcher Version: 1.00.142
RealFlight G3: 3.00.410

Attachments

• error msg 1.jpg
    error msg 1.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 48
  • error msg 2.jpg
    error msg 2.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 49
  • RF3 system.txt
    137.3 KB · Views: 32
Yes I too get the same error message using a JR XP6102. As soon as I go into channel mapping and try to uncheck the block, crash. This update was beta tested? By who? The Three Stooges. I have never had a problem up until now. I hate flying with that crap *** square box that shipped with the program. Spent $240.00 dollars for this radio now I can't use it. Pissed to say the least. All the new features are useless if it breaks the most basic functions of the program...the controller! How in the hell does a software manufacturer release an update that breaks the previous update. Am I missing something here? :mad:

Yes, you're missing the fact that it simply doesn't happen here. I'm sorry it is broken for you. We will work to figure out what's happening, and you (along with other people experiencing the same error) can assist us by providing additional info if/when we have specific questions. In the meantime, I apologize for the inconvenience! We've tested it with some of the exact same radios you have mentioned, and it works just fine. We'll keep at it.

Ryan Douglas said:
Yes, you're missing the fact that it simply doesn't happen here. I'm sorry it is broken for you. We will work to figure out what's happening, and you (along with other people experiencing the same error) can assist us by providing additional info if/when we have specific questions. In the meantime, I apologize for the inconvenience! We've tested it with some of the exact same radios you have mentioned, and it works just fine. We'll keep at it.

Ryan is this something that might be lost in the download and thats why its working for you guys but not us?
And if there is any more info that I can provide just let me know!

Has anyone come up with an answer on this yet? Should I try to uninstall and start from scratch with the whole thing?

I am currently working on replicating this bug, i will report back today.

Report: Tried reproducing from a fresh install of G3 version .366. Update to .387. Then update to .410. No problems.

Hopefully with the next patch we will be able to include a crash reporting system in the software.

Well its been 4 1/2 months still cant use channel mapping with my 7cap has anyone had the same problem or is it just my software or hardware?

I haven't heard anything new.

The upcoming patch includes some code that generates error reports, writes them to a file and sends them to us [at your option]. If you continue to get the problem with the next patch, at least we have a chance of seeing how the program failed.

Back