Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

space boy

I had a crazy idea today, out of the blue, that someone (maybe me?) could make the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car as an RC model. I figured it was too crazy to even mention, but then I just now Googled it, and it turns out some people are as crazy as I am!

This is not a request. It's just a fun comment to to see what your reaction is to such silliness.

Screenshot_20210414-202857_Chrome.jpg

Ever since Space Boy mentioned the model I started playing with creating Chitty, I don't know if it will ever get finished but I am having fun.
Space Boy sidetracked me from my Spitfire Mk IX build (I needed a change of scenery)
I did an import into RF9 with the rough model I have and it looks okay but has a long way to go before being finished
I may start a build thread soon.

Attachments

• Chitty.jpg
    Chitty.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Chitty_1.jpg
    Chitty_1.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Chitty_2.jpg
    Chitty_2.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Chitty_3.jpg
    Chitty_3.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 21
When I was looking at references last year (Did you notice that I started this thread last year? ☺️), I noticed that there's a snake on the right (starboard?) side:
9037042524_71e8d17a92_b.jpg

When I saw it, I feared it might be the most difficult part to model. Maybe it's not worth worrying about. What do you think, asj?

Oh. I just realized that the snake head must be the horn, as it's connected to the black rubber squeeze ball.

When I was looking at references last year (Did you notice that I started this thread last year? ☺), I noticed that there's a snake on the right (starboard?) side:
9037042524_71e8d17a92_b.jpg

When I saw it, I feared it might be the most difficult part to model. Maybe it's not worth worrying about. What do you think, asj?

Oh. I just realized that the snake head must be the horn, as it's connected to the black rubber squeeze ball.
The snake horn will definitely be added

Oh also... The "real" Chitty has collapsing helicopter blades on its wingtips! ?? What's a RealFlight modeler to do!?
8044246.jpg
The collapsing heli blades are not a problem, as I mentioned I am nowhere near finished with the model yet.
The physics for the twin rotors, pusher prop and fixed wing configuration will be more of a problem, I modified one of my heli's, added a wing with two rotors and pusher prop, it sort of fly's but needs a lot more physics tweaking.

Attachments

• Two rotor config.jpg
    Two rotor config.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 12
The collapsing heli blades are not a problem, as I mentioned I am nowhere near finished with the model yet.
The physics for the twin rotors, pusher prop and fixed wing configuration will be more of a problem, I modified one of my heli's, added a wing with two rotors and pusher prop, it sort of fly's but needs a lot more physics tweaking.
it's really great that you've taken up this challenge.

That's a crazy-cool looking twin boom airplane with a huey helicopter fuselage, not to mention the wingtip rotors!

Back