Collective Designs TREX Helis in G4.5

phrank

As many of you know, the ground handling improvements in G4.5 have affected some of the custom models on the Swaps.
We are working on resolving the issue, and when the G4.5 Swap pages are available we'll submit new versions of custom content to resolve the problems.

**BladeCP02 has come with a short term solution in the mean time.
Edit the Bouncing helis (Trex450 SE V2 and CDT Trex500) with the Aircraft Editor.
Navigate down to the Skids, and change the Stifness(%) value to 10 or lower.

The skids will sag, but the dancing virus will no longer affect the bird.

There may be other issues to resolve, but for now this is the best short term solution.

Please advise of any other issues you run into.

Frank...

Attachments

• Heli Skid Stiffnes.jpg
    Heli Skid Stiffnes.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 181
I haven't played with this... but have you tried changing the airport ground material to "none" or Asphalt, and see if this cures the heli bounce problem.

Sag??? The skids sink into the ground here. :eek: :D

Thanks for the temp fix though. I like the CDT Trex500 and was hoping to keep using this for hover practice.

opjose said:
Edit the airport and change the ground material to DIRT or Rocky Asphalt to stop this.

Thank You. I'll save that file differently and make a Version 2 of it to edit. Always nice to have the files ave in the orginal versions.

I reduced the skid values to 10 on my copies of Align T-Rex 500 CF and Trex 450SE V2. The bouncing stopped but now I'm seeing tail wag. I'm downgrading to 4.00.054 until things become more stable.

bobcn said:
I reduced the skid values to 10 on my copies of Align T-Rex 500 CF and Trex 450SE V2. The bouncing stopped but now I'm seeing tail wag. I'm downgrading to 4.00.054 until things become more stable.
Found problem. Go into editing mode, open electronics, click on Head holding Gyro Gy 140 then where it says gain input it should say Fixed 100%, change that to no servo. Then click on rudder servo back in the electronics folder, and ,ake the servo speed .08 sec. Click exit and save and problems fixed.

I tried the fix 3-DMan, the 450 seems to get progressively worse after time. The tail is still wagging for me and it doesn't respond to rudder input well.

This is my favorite model out of the lot of them, if this could get fixed I'd be happy.

I changed the skids to 10 and also lowered gyro heading hold gain to 25 and it seems to quiet down the tail hunting. Thanks for the interim change Phrank. Now I don't feel like I trying to take off in the middle of an Eathquake lol

Phrank pointed me over here for a workaround to fix the earthquake.

I worked out a workaround that worked decently, but the skids mod is much better.

Dr. Memory workaround: Switch to IDL2, full stick down. Hit reset. Heli starts out full throttle pinned to the ground, and still jiggles a bit like a quantum particle, but stays put. Increase collective and take off, then switch to Normal for normal flight (in my case, learning hovering).

Man, that physics engine is awesome!

My name is Dave... please use it :)

it flies exactly like my real 500 in G4.5

even more than G3.5

not neccesarily a good thing

i caused a crash because i got too settled w/ reality and i flew too low :D

I did notice tail way in the 450 as well. I just spool up either real slow or real fast to avoid it.

It seems like the tail fin is "underground" just a tad with the sagging skids. Maybe a tail strike is simulated? I'm hoping to see new 450SE V2 and 500GF 3D versions for G4.5. I love flying indoors on the football field (EP1/Practice Field) so changing the terrain just makes me sad.

I was able to get the 450 and the 500 to fly correctly by setting the gain on the gyro to 50. As good or better than G4 now.

HHFix450.jpg

I updated the skid info to get rid of the bounce but can't get this model to react with my controler. I calibrate and it works fine but no matter what controls I move the helicopter does nothing.

I'm still getting the hunting tail with the 450. Skids and gain are edited. It begins when I pull hard collective. I can stop it by transitioning into zero-pitch forward flight for a few seconds.

I'm sad. Waiting for a reworked 450SE V2. :(

Did you do this in addition to the other steps?

3-DMan said:
Found problem. Go into editing mode, open electronics, click on Head holding Gyro Gy 401 then where it says gain input it should say Fixed 100%, change that to no servo. Then click on rudder servo back in the electronics folder, and ,ake the servo speed .08 sec. Click exit and save and problems fixed.

After doing the above and then changing the gain to 50, I do not have the tail wagging problem at all any more.

Tail Wag

I've done every change explained in the post, but the tail of my T-rex 450 V2 still wags like crazy. ¿Anybody has a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Back