color varients one model to another

tphill

Hello
Is there a way to easily put one model's color scheme onto another aircraft? I've found the AJ Slick (51 inch) flies much like the 3DHS Edge 540 52inch. I'd like the color scheme of the Edge on the Slick for practice. Can this be done easily?
Thanks.

There isn't an "easy" way. But if you want to start working with CS's go download Gimp 2 (it's free) and then use it to open the .tga file for the aircraft in the Color Schemes folder. You can use "Save Color Scheme As" from the pull down Aircraft tab to create a copy of any CS you want to edit/modify.

Post a link to both planes (expansion pack, swaps or are they stock models) and the color schemes you are interested in using, so we can give you a more accurate answer of what will work.

it may be easier to transfer the better physics file and bad paint to the plane with the better paint and bad graphics.

The AJ Slick is from Expansion pack 7 . I found color scheme for a 3DHS 52" Edge 540 in the orange scheme. My Edge is the red, white and blue, like below.
1590534920128.png

This is the orange scheme Edge 540.
EF EDGE 540 106
This color scheme requires:
AJ Slick (51 inch) from Expansion Pack 7

If you aren't redoing the graphics it's quite easy using Gimp or any other program like Photoshop to change the colors. You can just select the color to change and use the "Colorize" function in Gimp to adjust Hue, Saturation, Brightness, etc.

Follow steps in the pictures.
Pic 1 click on "Aircraft" then select "save color scheme as"
Pic 2 enter any name you like for the CS (I named it "slick blue yellow") and click okay.
Pic 3 notice bottom left of screen tells you where the CS gets saved to.
Pic 4 open the saved tga file in Gimp or Photoshop ect.
Pic 5 change the colors and save the tga back to the same place and same name as you entered in Pic 2.

Attachments

• Color change.jpg
    Color change.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 6
  • Color change-1.jpg
    Color change-1.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Color change-2.jpg
    Color change-2.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Color change-3.jpg
    Color change-3.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Color change-4.jpg
    Color change-4.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 13
Now when you select the model and then select color schemes you should see "slick blue yellow" (or whatever you named it) click on that and the new colors should show up in the preview window.

Attachments

• Color change-5.jpg
    Color change-5.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Color change-6.jpg
    Color change-6.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 5
Back