Combat fun?

cfossa

Hi Guys,

Anyone who actually enjoys combat with G5? Like most previous RealFlight upgrades, night flying, water flying, etc., I thought the combat option would be a blast. To date, I log in, get shot down about 10 times in 3 minutes, and quit. Not much fun.

Guess I'll go back to flying R/C with G5 :rolleyes:

Carl

You have entered the game part of the sim.

Kill or be killed, not realistic by R/C flight standards.

Entertaining for a few moments.

Last edited:
The combat features can be a lot of fun. I don't enjoy the game part of combat so much but I like making scale flying military aircraft have that extra depth. Get creative with the guns by putting a gun or two on the back of your fighter or bomber firing at a few feet per second for the illusion of flares. As for combat...eh.

I sometimes do combat but I try to choose sessions with people that are below 1000 points... :D
If you meet someone with 8000 - 32000 points it is quite senseful to say goodbye and search again later. And later... and later... Ok TV isn´t so bad after all ... :D

i havent tried combat yet, but i have done multiplayer in a fun fly atmosphere, never did that until i got g5, it is kind of cool to fly around with others that are actually flying and not a computer generated flyer like nintendo games or something, its funny though your right the combat thing hasnt interested me enough to even try it yet, when i log on i look for other sessions that are happening besides combat

Give it some time...

OK, so host a beginner combat session and kick any aces out of your session. That will give you some time to develop your skill. Also, who cares how many times you are shot down... it does not cost anything to press the red button. Do you think that they started out at the highest level. It is going to take some time to get used to things...

cfossa said:
Hi Guys,

Anyone who actually enjoys combat with G5? Like most previous RealFlight upgrades, night flying, water flying, etc., I thought the combat option would be a blast. To date, I log in, get shot down about 10 times in 3 minutes, and quit. Not much fun.

Guess I'll go back to flying R/C with G5 :rolleyes:

Carl

Handy tip: join/host a paintball game. You will take hits but you won't take damage, so you can keep on flying and chasing your target no matter how much you get splattered. It's the game type that penalizes you the least, making it perfect for beginners.

Back