Computer Turn Off Screen and Sleep

It's not an ASUS thing. My HP Z230 workstation, i7-4790 3.6, 32G, 1TB SSD, 2x3TB mirrored, GTX760 does the same thing. No boot problems, but no sleep or screen blank with interlink plugged in.
yes thanks for letting me know as well , but the boot thing is because of the bios with this motherboard with the controller plugged in and it has happened with other usb devices plugged in

I've been trying several solutions from people who've had this issue with other controllers. But none of them seem to work. Most of the solutions that they describe are in the power settings like setting the USB selective suspend to disabled. Another one was disabling wake timers in the power settings but again none of this does anything to solve the issue. Maybe RealFlight/Knife Edge has a solution?

Any body get this resolved????

I am using my original Interlink Elite with RF 9.5

My computer will boot with it plugged in. It will NOT go to sleep.

If I force a sleep, RF loses the audio. If I restart RF the audio comes back,.

I have had this issue for years since RF 6 and it really is bugging me!!!

I am using Win 11 and a Dell 8940 computer.

Help me......

AFAIK, the only help is... unplug the controller. Plug it in when you want to fly, and unplug it when you're done. What do you use the controller for when you aren't flying? Why does it need to be plugged in 24/7?

Any body get this resolved????

I am using my original Interlink Elite with RF 9.5

My computer will boot with it plugged in. It will NOT go to sleep.

If I force a sleep, RF loses the audio. If I restart RF the audio comes back,.

I have had this issue for years since RF 6 and it really is bugging me!!!

I am using Win 11 and a Dell 8940 computer.

Help me......
If my InterLink X is plugged in the computer won't go into a screen saver I have to unplug it.

My guess is that the interlink has some sort of "heartbeat" that tricks Windows into believing that the user is interacting with it when it's just sitting there. Windows won't sleep if the user is "doing" something with the KB or mouse. It may be a feature to prevent Windows from going to sleep when the Interlink is the only HID in use while flying. I rarely touch the KB or mouse while I'm flying, and having it go to sleep would be more of a PITA than unplugging it when I'm not flying. I plug it into one of the easily accessible front USB ports instead of plugging it into the back.

Last edited:
Problem is, I minimize RF from time to time to get real work done.

Then I walk away. I want my computer to sleep. Now I have to force the issue. Not so bad BUT:

RF loses audio after sleep also.

So it is really two problems in one for me.......

I tolerated it before since RF 6 I think, but it really is bothersome now!

No idea whether this will help or not: What happens if you unplug the controller after minimizing RF & plug it back in when you're ready to fly again? AFAIK, RF only checks for the controller in the launcher.

I seek a software solution. Unplugging is not a solution for me. My computer needs to go to sleep all by itself. I await a response from support currently. Not to forget the RF loses audio after coming out of sleep. The audio requires restarting RF. Let's see what support says. Horizon tends to be good about support. Fingers crossed.

I still await a response from Horizon......It may be a long time coming....I will give it a few more days.....then call again. Last call did not result in human contact. So I did it electronically and have a case number. We'll see how it works out with new owners. Not holding my breath........

Back