Computers?

Dustin

I haveread on the internet that you can take old computers and madify them or do other things to them so they can be made in a Reall goo gaming or simulation somuter. Has anyone tried this t a older computer? ANyone have any links, pictures or an other general info?

Here is what i have that i wanted to do this to:

Compaq Presario FS940
IS this a $pricey$ thing to d? :confused:

By the time you put the needed amount of NEW parts into the old computer, you will have spent double on what you would have for a new machine.

There is a reason that NO ONE wants those old computers... even places like the Salvation Army or school systems no longer accept computers that are over 2 years old or more.

opjose said:
Salvation Army no longer accept computers that are over 2 years old or more.

But the Marines will take em'. I think all old computers deserve a good beating by the Few, The Proud, The Marines.

I use older computers for distributed computing clients. They just sit and run a program. I use Folding @ Home through Stanford. Basically the program folds proteins for cancer research. All it costs me is a little on my power bill.

Now if you could harness the distributed processing power of home computers to pre-render G3/G4....

Then we MIGHT have some use for those cast off machines....

computer chunkin!!!

I saw on the t.v. awhile back about these people that build these hugh machines to throw pumpkins, so why not try the p.c.'s???

Back