Constant Recalibration Issue

DouglasFG

Ok I'm pissed here. I installed RF9, entered the code off the back of the DVD case and then proceeded to download a wack of aircraft and colour schemes and 3 new airports from the swap pages. That said, I close RF9 to run a quick errand in town (10 mins maybe), I get back home and proceed to reopen RF9 to continue where I left off, and the last plane I had up is spinning around in circles and the menu on the left you use to choose aircraft and what not, is flashing up and down as I move my cursor up and down thru the icons to choose another aircraft and is making this rapid beeping sound...? So I manage to click anyway and open the aircraft menu and the dam thing is scrolling up and down by itself thru the aircrafts like its me doing it with my cursor using the scroll bar on the right. What the hell happened...? To boot I have to set everything to defaults and recalibrate my Inter-link X controller evey time I want to open RF9 and use it now...what gives....did one of the new aircraft cause a glitch in the matrix or what...? Jebus cripes man what a drag. Please help I'm at my wits end here....????????? BTW this is the second time I re-installed RF9 and it didn't help !

Last edited:
I thought that too but it doesn't make sense. After setting defaults and restarting RF9 and recalibrating...it works fine until the next time I go to use RF9. I have to set defaults and recalibrate again everytime...doesn't make any sense..?? Could it be one of the aircraft I downloaded thats causing it...? I have RF8 as well and it doesn't do this...??

Yeah it does sound like an intermittent stuck button. Try using come electronic contact cleaner. My push button on top didn't work well until I cleaned it. I also had to clean the gimbal rheostats to prevent constant major drifting. Now they stay within a degree or two. I'm hoping they add a deadband option on the next update for the Interlink DX and older Elite. I know Mr. Ryan put in a ticket for that.

I have the interlink X TX not the DX so there is no push button on the top of the Tx...? It can't be a stuck button..? It works fine the Tx after setting defaults and recalibrating. I use the same Tx for the RF8 with no issues. It doesn't glitch like that with RF8. Do see what I'm saying...???

Have you tried right clicking on the shortcut and using the 'Run as Administrator' option? Wild guess.

Have you tried right clicking on the shortcut and using the 'Run as Administrator' option? Wild guess.

Just tried that now with no results. Once it opens its like there is a graphical error as it starts the scene. What ever scene and aircraft were the last ones I used. You know I did upgrade my Radeon drivers today amybe thats it...?? I'll try rolling back the driver and see if that makes a difference.BrB.

Try using the "Restore Defaults" function in the RealFlight launcher. Did you install DX9 when you installed? If not do it. Is the controller still working without issue in RF8?

Then setup the controller and calibrate.

You do not mention what version you are running. Latest version is: 9.00.022

Last edited:
Ok I've rolled back the video drivers, set the video software to factory defaults. Tried running as administrator and non administrator. Same issue remains. I go to RF8 open it up....no issues what so ever. So what do i do now...uninstall the whole thing again and only download the aircraft I really want to fly and nothing else...???? I'm thinking that is my only option right now. I'll wipe it out, start again and open it up and try it before I download any other aircraft this time and see if there is an issue. Whats else could it be...?? When in doubt...wipe it out and start from fresh.

** NOTE:**Now when I originally installed RF9 earlier this week I never had an issue. It all started when I strted downloading other aircraft. But RF8 "DID NOT DO THIS" when I downloaded a few aircraft. Not as many as I did for RF9 but just a few. I suspect there is a software issue with one of the other aircraft that somebody has created in the SWAP pages...??? But which...how do you find it...??? maybe I'm wrong I dunno. *sigh* I'll post my finding tomorrow.

Last edited:
I couldn't wait till tomorrow. I've been working on the issue since my last post. It turns out it was the Adrenilin 2020 video card drivers that was causing the whole Dam issue. Stupid me decided to check for the lastest drivers for my video card. So after I uninstalled them, they wiped out all my card drivers. So I had to let WIN10 find the proper drivers so my real video card (Radeon card) not my onboard card could work properly. Lesson learned. If it ain't broke don't break it. lol. RF9 is back working perfectly again. I deleted the aircraft I really didn't need and and just kept my favorites and deleted the 3 airports I imported. I'm good to go. Thank you all for your help and advice. "Wohoo !"

Back