Converted sceneries on swap page

Jetfreak

Hi,

if someone wants to convert one of my sceneries which has downloaded from

www.rc-sim.de

or my own site

www.szenerien.de

to Realflight-formats he can do this for own use on his own computer.

But I don't allow to upload these converted sceneries on the swap page here.

This is a copyright infringement. Please read the EULA which is part of my sceneries.

I informed the admin of this page to remove these files but I got no answer.

This will force me to think about next steps.

Harald Bendschneider

jeffpn said:
This triple-post will force me to rethink my opinion of you.

Please don't judge too quickly.
When people find their work copied without permission, they usually feel it's a serious issue that warants maximum exposure. Even more so, when a lot of labor and experience went into this work.
In my personal hierarchy of values, copyright infringement trumps triple-posting any day.

Regards

Josh 0987 said:
It's still spamming.
If you feel a post violates the terms of use, you should report it.
The moderators will take care of it, though probably not on a Sunday.

Regards

Jetfreak said:
Hi,

I informed the admin of this page to remove these files but I got no answer.

This will force me to think about next steps.

Harald Bendschneider

Triple posted... and replied to...

That sounds like a veiled threat.

If so lotsa luck because you'll need it!

KE did not upload your PICTUREs to this website, someone else did.

While you are entitled to claim a copyright on your PHOTOGRAPHS, a violation claim would have to be filed against the violator in U.S. courts.

KE can act to "help" you by removing work which you claim as your own, but they are not in any way willfull participants nor party to this.

So at best you could file a claim against the individual who uploaded a photo.

If you are TRUELY interested in making sure that something you've done is not posted, you should

- Police it yourself, copyright holders are responsible fo this in the U.S...
- Contact the uploader directly and explain, why not PM instead of this useless thread?
- Request ( because there is little else you can do to them... ) that they remove it.

It is up to the copyright holder to insure and act upon violations. It is not up to others ( such as KE ) to monitor and police against such things. If people are uploading something that you've done and lay copyright claim to, it's up to YOU to go after those people, not KE, etc.

The second you make things available to others yourself via a web site, you also loose quite a bit of ability to lay claim to copyright infringement penalties under U.S. laws... especially against individuals.

---

The big question is why did you not just PM the individuals involved FIRST!

Postings like this on a public forum do nothing to impress the rest of us, and if anything just act to annoy.

I've made two conflicting observations:
It is remarkable how any hint at software piracy is usually met with an outcry of indignation where a simple reporting would have sufficed. But if an individual copyright holder complains about a simliar issue, the biggest worry seems to be that he doesn't annoy anyone. Appears like a double standard to me.

Of course dealing with such things in privacy first is the correct procedure, but then again, publicity tends to generate peer pressure. If that helps to prevent a repetition for a while, so be it.

All the information about US copyright law is worth reading, but might not apply, because the original file was not released under US jurisdiction. KE is certainly not to blame and who knows where the uploader is from.

Other than that, I don't believe anybody here is the arbiter of what "impresses the rest of us".

Regards

Multiple people chiming in as agreement you see as an "outcry"... but that differs from one person posting the same useless thread over and over.

The OP was not out to ask for help, nor asked others that they avoid doing as had been done... at the least this would have gained him sympathy and help.

Instead he put forward repetitious veiled threats....

If YOU are impressed by this, then what better proof of "Parva leves capiunt animas".

Most people do not react positively to threats however.

@opjose:

The big question is why did you not just PM the individuals involved FIRST!

Why don't you ask me if I have done this?

PNs.jpg

And :

44fire is not a member of any public groups

I know, that KE is not responsible for the uploading.
But in 2006 and 2007 they removed the files. Today I still have no answer from the support.

Harald

I'm glad to see that you did PM the uploader directly. The fact that your offender is not a member of any public groups is irrelevant. I'm not either, and I can receive PMs. Why bother the rest of us with your issue? And since you did, why did you threaten us? I, and the vast, vast majority of the members here have done nothing with your files. If your offending party has not responded to your PM, he's not going to respond to your thread either. If you are looking for help from KE, PM them, too. Why bother the rest of us? Opjose is right; a thread with a threat is not going to get much overall sympathy for your cause. If you are so protective of your files, you probably should not have uploaded them to any part of the World Wide Web.

Last edited:
Some time back, Rick Delten was in the same boat with exactly the same problem.

At first he handled the entire situation correctly...

He PM'd first.

After that produced no result on the part of the upload(s), he contacted KE via PM.

They helped him out by removing his files.

Afterward he posted a SINGLE message asking for help, no threats.

We collectively responded by complaining about the posters to the point that most stopped doing this.

However after a while the problem resurfaced.

Rick decided to take his "toys" and go elsewhere. He removed all of his planes.

We very much MISS some of the great stuff ( with FAR more work I may add than panos ) that Rick posted and it would be great to see him around.

But running off with his "toys", did nothing to stop further uploads.

If anything the childish threats and attitudes only LOOSES the rest of us, in that we stop trying to help out because of this.

Back