Copyright infringements

Jetfreak

Hi,

if someone wants to convert one of my sceneries which has downloaded from

www.rc-sim.de

or my own site

www.szenerien.de

to Realflight-formats he can do this for own use on his own computer.

But I don't allow to upload these converted sceneries on the swap page here.

This is a copyright infringement. Please read the EULA which is part of my sceneries.

I informed the admin of this page to remove these files but I got no answer.

This will force me to think about next steps.

Harald Bendschneider

This may help.
CONTACT FOR COPYRIGHT/TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT

If you become aware of content that may infringe any copyright or trademark of yours or a third party or that you believe to be in violation of these Terms of Use, please contact Lisa Stirnemann, our designated agent, using our contact form . Our agent information is provided pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(2).

Jetfreak said:
Hi,

if someone wants to convert one of my sceneries which has downloaded from

www.rc-sim.de

or my own site

www.szenerien.de

to Realflight-formats he can do this for own use on his own computer.

But I don't allow to upload these converted sceneries on the swap page here.

This is a copyright infringement. Please read the EULA which is part of my sceneries.

Harald Bendschneider

--- I didn't post twice, I posted three times - in every Realflight-Version, so everyone is aware of this misuse of my copyrighted sceneries.

--- Many months ago I found a lot of my sceneries in the swap pages and informed the support. They answered and the files had been removed. Now I don't get any answer.

Jetfreak said:
--- I didn't post twice, I posted three times - in every Realflight-Version, so everyone is aware of this misuse of my copyrighted sceneries.

--- Many months ago I found a lot of my sceneries in the swap pages and informed the support. They answered and the files had been removed. Now I don't get any answer.

You know it is the weekend....thus the reason for no answer.

Curious where you get the aircraft and heli files that are uploaded on your site? Did Nizz upload his KI-61 Hein to your site?

uploading others' work...

Harald,

Adam Taylor of this site has been helpful to me in resolving similar issues of others uploading my work to the swap pages. The relevant 'Sticky' on that policy is here https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=18963

I respect and admire the work you have done and appreciate that you do allow your panorama sceneries to be downloaded for individual use only...

I feel certain that Adam or another of the administrators will respond to your current request, and we all should be reminded again to respect the wishes of the creators of the sceneries and planes that we all enjoy using within the sims.

Charlie

Thank you, Bucko, for your words and let me apologize for posting the same issue in three different forums of the different Realflight-versions. I did that because I found my sceneries in different places of the swap pages. Some who has not G3.5 would not look at G 3.5-postings. So I posted it in G 3.0 and G 4.0, too. If this is spam, please, admins, feel free to delete the triple-posting. sorry for that.

And let me tell all of you: If someone would mail me and ask permission to convert a scenery, I will give permission to do it. All I want is the possibility of examinating the result. If it's very poor - and I saw some of these conversions before - I don't want to let him upload the scenery. But if it is well done, why should such a scenery not be used by all Realflight-simmers? Some of my sceneries have been converted to AFPD and have been uploaded to rc-sim.de. The same is FMS. Also co-working is thinkable. If the author of a conversion agrees, I would publish the scenery on www.szenerien.de , too. My e-Mail-address is published - so we can communicate. :)

Jetfreak said:
Hi,

Harald Bendschneider

That sounds like a veiled threat.

If so lotsa luck because you'll need it!

KE did not upload your PICTUREs to this website, someone else did.

While you are entitled to claim a copyright on your PHOTOGRAPHS, a violation claim would have to be filed against the violator in U.S. courts.

KE can act to "help" you by removing work which you claim as your own, but they are not in any way willfull participants nor party to this.

So at best you could file a claim against the individual who uploaded a photo.

If you are TRUELY interested in making sure that something you've done is not posted, you should

- Police it yourself, copyright holders are responsible fo this in the U.S...
- Contact the uploader directly and explain, why not PM instead of this useless thread?
- Request ( because there is little else you can do to them... ) that they remove it.

It is up to the copyright holder to insure and act upon violations. It is not up to others ( such as KE ) to monitor and police against such things. If people are uploading something that you've done and lay copyright claim to, it's up to YOU to go after those people, not KE, etc.

The second you make things available to others yourself via a web site, you also loose quite a bit of ability to lay claim to copyright infringement penalties under U.S. laws... especially against individuals.

Last edited:
Harald has posted an apology for the multipost error faux pas that has so ruffled the feathers of the community watchdogs. He has made a generous offer to allow someone, or to work with someone, to make a quality rendition of his sceneries to then be ported over to RealFlight for all to use, if I correctly understand his latest post. I know there are folks on this forum who excel at this task.

Have you examined his sceneries? They are absolutely first rate. I hope we can get beyond the current pettiness of responses in this thread, and that someone will step forward to help complete the collision programing so that we can all have access to these creations.

And, sorry, I cannot do this myself, the tedium of the collision process makes ME crazy!!

Charlie

opjose said:
That sounds like a veiled threat.

If so lotsa luck because you'll need it!

KE did not upload your PICTUREs to this website, someone else did.

Sheesh, Joe... I go away for a couple of months, and I come back to find you PMSing.

This guy was the one who's been wronged here. Someone's stealing his stuff. He comes here to ask people to stop, and you jump his case. That's not the way to make friends. :)

No he did not come here to "ask" people to stop.

He came here to threaten.

As such I'm not really interested in being his "friend"... do you like people who threaten you?

Not that you need it, but I got your back, opjose ;) Just like you said earlier, which were my thoughts also when I read the OP; he was threatening the whole community, instead of dealing directly with the offender, or even with KE. No reason for him to make this a thread at all (or the other 2 identical threads.) PMs would have done the trick, or nothing at all would have worked.

Hi,

I'm not glad about having worried some of you when I posted this issue in different forums of the different Realfight-Versions. I was not aware of having broken forum rules. The matter was so severe for me because it happens every year, so in 2006, 2007 and 2008 that I wanted to inform all users of all versions the same way.

Although I think spamming is a different thing.

I was asked why I didn't inform the admin first and why I did'nt send PNs.

I did this the same time and several times and till now I got no answer.

I wonder if my request of today will be answered by the support:

Hi, did you remove my sceneries from the swap pages or did the users do it themselves? In your form you say you'll answer via e-mail. I did not receive any e-mail yet. The users of the forum are very angry that I have made some equal posts and they ask what they have to do with that case. The users which have uploaded my sceneries did not answer me at all. Some even don't have set contact rights via e-mail. PNs are not answered. So what can I do in other cases? Best Regards Harald Bendschneider ----

Your message has been successfully sent. We will review your report as soon as we can. Please wait for an email reply.

Once again I apologize for the triple post, it's not the way I act usually, but this time I thought it was justified to inform all users.

Some day I found one of my sceneries here in the swap pages with a different file-name and without credit.

Once again I am offering cooperation with all of you who want to convert my sceneries and I would be happy if we have some of my sceneries here for downoad which have been converted with my permission.

Harald Bendschneider

Last edited:
Your best bet is to PM the poster themselves and point them to this thread...

Click me!

Where KE PUBLICALLY states that they frown upon this practice and there are repercussions for abuse.

Ask them to remove their uploads and cc KE staff the message.

Do not expect a response from KE for some WEEKS, they do NOT police these forums.

Also the swap pages provides for comments.

Post a comment on each upload stating that this was posted without permission and is not a complete work nor work on the part of the uploader.... this causes most of us to look VERY disfavorably upon the person who did this.

If after a some time you get no resolution, PM the admins again.

Hi opjose,

thank you very much for your useful and helpful hints! I agree with you, this way is definitely better than posting.

opjose,

Your last post shows some reflection and contains good advice. IMO this is worth a Sticky on this subject!

Charlie

Might help a bit

Hey Jet Freak

Nice stuff on your sight. I just gave it a quick glance, I might be helpful to state on your page that these PI fields are for personal use and ARE NOT allow to be up loaded to the KNIFE EDGE Forums swaps page. That might help out a bit. I bet 95% of the people that DL stuff done read the forums them self and do not know about policies of NOT UPLOADING other works, so if they find a nice PI - Field on line through a search, and do not see it on the swaps, well you get the picture.

I remember seeing a lot of places over in Germany that would make great flying fields. Wish I could afford to go back just to get more pictures, ok, and more beer.

Jetfreak: Our public contact told me about the issue yesterday & I got right on it, removing the file in question. I'm not sure why you didn't hear back from our public contact person--he did e-mail you.

I would like to suggest that you add a copyright notice to your website. A lot of people don't understand that images are copyrighted even if they do not have a copyright notice. You might also look into a Creative Commons license, which would grant certain rights to everyone else while retaining some of your own.

Back