Corsair

dhk79 said:
Here's a few screen shots. The first shows the guns a blazing, the second an approach with the split flaps, and the third a static close-up.
Mmmmmwwwwaaaaaaaa drrrrrrrrrooooooooooollllslssss mmmmmmmm!!!!!!!! :eek:

I'll have to say.....I just took it for a fly: This is my favorite model you've done. Looks really nice. Great work.......just slow it down next time!haha

pplace said:
I'll have to say.....I just took it for a fly: This is my favorite model you've done. Looks really nice. Great work.......just slow it down next time!haha
Thanks. LOL... Actually the next one should go really quickly, since I just have to modify the fuselage & canopy in the 3D model. But you should get a little slack to catch up, since I will be going on vacation tomorrow and I don't know how much time my wife will allow me to goof off on the computer (her words).

Last edited:
Okay...I was wonderin there for a second! Actually thought you were onto something, that way I wouldn't have to re-do the physics for the FW-190 for the G3.5 setup. Getting my hopes up there ya know.

I just posted a revised EA for the Corsair. It's a cosmetic change only. The spinner was displaying white, when it should have been silver.

dhk79

A great job on the Corsair!! I was going thru withdrawal since I upped to G4.
Flies great.

btw what modeling program do you use?

LOL, withdrawal... Yeah, me too! That was the main impetus to get me moving on it. I also started working on the modifications to make it into a Super Corsair this morning.

I use two modeling programs, Wings 3D and 3D Studio. 3D Studio is the high powered (and high priced) program, it could be used to do everything. I'm just a lot faster at working with Wings, so I do the rough work with it.

I just got back from vacation, but I did get some work done on the Super Corsair while I was gone. More parts than I originally anticipated required editing. About the only things I was able to retain (without at least moving slightly) was the main gear & doors. Just as well as those took me along time to get right on the original.

At any rate the 3D model is done. Much of the physics should port over as the wing and landing gear are basically the same. I'll get started on the colorscheme tomorrow.

Doug

Attachments

• Image15.jpg
    Image15.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 36
Dhk79,the G3.5 corsair is going great many people like it! :) It had a rating of 9.7 before it got a 1 and when down to a one,it's ridiculus how one 1 can almost over take 13 tens :mad: . Hope to get your super corsair into G3.5 also,keep up the great work! :D

kinda bummed out I was hoping this version would be nice!!HAHA WOW looking great! It'll be nice to have a custom corsair on the sim. Now just kick me so I get more progress done.

is it possible to ghost the cowl to show the engine modeling inside of it?
im sort of a gear head and like that sorta stuff. :D

it looks amazing, your talent and knowledge is unreal.
you have PM ;)

Saw it race at Oshkosh. Impressive looks and performance. Everyone was gawking.

Charles

Attachments

• #57.JPG
    #57.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 19
The texture map is completed. Now on to cleaning up the physics.

Attachments

• Image17.jpg
    Image17.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 16
Back