couple of issues with rf6 "all the sudden"

10inja

UPDATE
it had nothing to do with realflight, it was my windows.
something was locking up my d:\ drive, once that was fixed, RealFlight worked fine.
I'll post the details at end of this thread

1) error loading buffer in d:\.....\launcherhelper6.ini

I'm getting this error when I try to load RF6 launcher, this just started, not sure what caused it. I click ok and it loads

I don't get any errors loading rf6 (just the launcher)

2) it's not memorizing my airport/aircraft

3) I can't load a bunch of aircrafts, it gives me some messages on the screen including:
fuselage frame "o:]scenarydisk14/image/models/vehilces/gau_x5\gaui_x5.kex" has no visuals associated with it.

I don't have any o:\ drive

I'm running win 7 x64

my kid was using my laptop, it's possible that she "messed it up".

Last edited:
You can't run the launcher at all? I'd like to recommend resetting to defaults if you can.

The o: drive is a virtual drive created by RF. That's normal.

You could try renaming your realflight.ini file to realflight.old. That might have the same effect as resetting to defaults.

Call tech support for help on this one.
http://gpsoftware.com/contacts.htm

Run an "error check" of your hard drives, particularly your "D:" drive.

It sounds like you have a local error with your drive.

When was the last time you did this?

If you EVER get a power outage, you should immediately run the error check on the drive.

boring details on how it was fixed:

I was trying what jeffpn told me to rename a file on my d:\ drive but the right click on the file didn't give me a rename or cut or delete or copy option, so I knew something was wrong there. I killed the explorer process, ran an error check per opjose' suggestion and unmounted the drive and killed the utorrent process - then restarted and the drive was remounted and it all worked just fine.

thanks all

Jeffpn, sorry I make you bang your head on the wall every time I ask a question :D

10inja said:
boring details on how it was fixed:

I was trying what jeffpn told me to rename a file on my d:\ drive but the right click on the file didn't give me a rename or cut or delete or copy option, so I knew something was wrong there. I killed the explorer process, ran an error check per opjose' suggestion and unmounted the drive and killed the utorrent process - then restarted and the drive was remounted and it all worked just fine.

thanks all

Jeffpn, sorry I make you bang your head on the wall every time I ask a question :D

I think you may have just shown everybody your hand!

What does UTorrent have to do with your problem? Argh :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Norton said:
I think you may have just shown everybody your hand!

What does UTorrent have to do with your problem? Argh :rolleyes:

I couldn't run the error checking on the drive until I killed utorrent. It was one of the things with a handle (a strong one) to the drive).

Jeff, I clicked on your link and I still don't have a SR-71 :(

I guess Ima have to go upgrade some swap files, and try the long non-instant way.

Oh I was hoping for the instantly installed part. You know, since I am away from home, and my home PC with realflight isn't even on. :cool:
If it worked I had a technology license deal for him that would make him richer than that really rich guy.

Maj. Numbskully said:
I guess silence is golden :rolleyes:

guys, I'm not using that to steal any software, someone is using it for something else. just because I mention the name, doesn't mean I use it for the bad.

I bought RF G4.5 and RF6 and I have proof. Who wants the proof?

10inja said:
guys, I'm not using that to steal any software, someone is using it for something else. just because I mention the name, doesn't mean I use it for the bad.

I bought RF G4.5 and RF6 and I have proof. Who wants the proof?

No one here needs any proof unless an admin specifically asks you for it in a PM.

I actually installed utorrent a while back to see if I could download an .mp4 of a movie I actually bought and own. It came with two digital copies and both got installed with media rights to my PC only! So, I couldn't download it to my phone to watch on because of the DMR protection. Because I couldn't watch a movie that I paid for on the device it was intended for, I had to go the torrent route. I uninstalled utorrent because I don't want that crap on my PC.

mwilson914 said:
I couldn't download it to my phone to watch on because of the DMR protection.
Sounds to me like the DRM was doing it's job. I'd think the production company would've helped you obtain a legit copy. Boy, are we off track here.

Back