coupleing aileron and rudder

revr

Can anyone explain to me how to couple ailerons and rudder in the PT 40 plane? !st US flight suggests this with their training, but I can't seem to find a way to do this.

I'd recommend learning how to control ailerons and rudder yourself and fly it. But what you want is possible. Hopefully someone who's not sitting in a camper in Toledo can show you how.

Scott has been rather successful with his training method and I thought it would be a good way to introduce some kids to RC and hopefully give them some quicker success to hold their interest.

it depends on what stick you want to couple them on, but if you want to use the aileron control to move the rudder as well go to the rudder in the editor and select the left or right aileron servo as its control. You can select servo reverse to get it moving the right way.

That works GREAT! Thanks. I think it will a big help to the kids.

As I understand it, Boof's method replaces the rudder stick with the aileron stick for rudder control.

There's another slightly more complicated way that "mixes" some rudder control into the aileron stick. That way you still have full rudder control on the rudder stick if you want to use it and you can have from 0 - 100% rudder control on the aileron stick depending on how you set it up.

Let us know if you are interested in how to do that.

Regards
Michael

It pains me to agree with Nooner, but he's right. If you're going to get into model aviation, learn to fly the airplane. Don't let it fly for you.

I believe the question was how to couple aileron and rudder not should he.

I could not agree more, he did not ask for an opinion on should he or shold he not. Some one told him that it would help with the learning curve, I agree with that assement.
Going from skate boards to RC, you need all the help you can get.

Should I jump off a bridge with one or both feet at the same time? That is how I viewed the OP's question. The earlier that you break bad habits the better. One would have to ask oneself, if it is such a great idea, why has it not been done before here on the sim?

Can someone hand me that hammer so I can get the fuse off this LGB?

If you feel so strongly about it why don't you tell him how to do it... it still has not been explained how to do a proper proportional mix of aileron AND rudder.
It pains me to agree with Nooner, .

:rolleyes:.....+1

Last edited:
Should I jump off a bridge with one or both feet at the same time? That is how I viewed the OP's question. The earlier that you break bad habits the better. One would have to ask oneself, if it is such a great idea, why has it not been done before here on the sim?

Can someone hand me that hammer so I can get the fuse off this LGB?

If you feel so strongly about it why don't you tell him how to do it... it still has not been explained how to do a proper proportional mix of aileron AND rudder.

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/18411
This is the way I would mix.

(12oclockhigh
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2009

Ya can't buy a pilots license, and you can't build a plane that flies itself. (at least not w/my money)

You have to work at it. Kids pick flying up fast enough that they don't need it dumbed down for them.)

So, let me see if I understand. Some one asks for help doing something in the Real Flight Sim, and this is the forum for that help, you don't like there request, SO TO HELL WITH THEM!
I got it, that makes perfect sence!

Last edited:
Ya can't buy a pilots license, and you can't build a plane that flies itself. (at least not w/my money)

You have to work at it. Kids pick flying up fast enough that they don't need it dumbed down for them.

You always forget to say "In my opinion". Why do you state things as if they should be the standard? What makes you so special to tell people they should do this or they should do that?

PS You can buy a pilot's licence. Without money it's impossible.
Planes fly themselves all the time.

Last edited:
It's understood to me that what he says is his opinion (and as I said earlier, one I share.) I posted the same thought once in this thread. I saw no reason to continue posting the same thought again.

I won't argue semantics. It was stated as if it's a fact. He's beating a dead horse anyways. The guy found the answer he was looking for and moved on. see how that works nooner?

Back