Attachments

• TMNT07.JPG
    TMNT07.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Tr50147.jpg
    Tr50147.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 94
Thanks Guys

The RC I believe is scratch built. I found the picture posted by GueJac in RC universe forum under " welcome to Club Saito " while looking for some good pictures of a dismantles engine for modeling. I sent the guy a PM and waiting for information about the real life RC.

I defiantly can't take all the credit for this one. That Saito looked so nice up there on the wings, I really wanted a nice looking saito. DHK97 was kind enough to let me use his Saito Blank Night he made and used on the Escape.

Herc40 wanted to try to make the TMNT and I was doing to make one too. While I was working on making nice looking pipe joints to reassemble sewer pipes, Herc40 pulled an all-nighter and made Michelangelo for he. He turned out great.

I going try to get it to fly more like a powered Parasail or a hang glider.

Junkboy999 said:
I defiantly can't take all the credit for this one.
I normally don't point out grammar/spelling mistakes, but that one is just too funny!!! :D

jeffpn said:
I normally don't point out grammar/spelling mistakes, but that one is just too funny!!! :D

So, your going to be Defiant about not taking all the credit? This makes your statement completely opposite of what you wanted it to mean. Jeff is right about this one being funny. ;)

hehehe

You guys are lucky I use a spell checker so the my mistakes are at lease spelled correctly. Otherwise you'll have to invest in a babble dictionary. :D

Junkboy999 said:
You guys are lucky I use a spell checker so the my mistakes are at lease spelled correctly. Otherwise you'll have to invest in a babble dictionary. :D

haha, very true. ;) Also, the "the" is either suppose to be then or that (Perferrably: that)

Looks like you should re-read your posts as well.

;) :p

Junkboy999 said:
while looking for some good pictures of a dismantles engine for modeling.
Do you need some photos of dismantled Saito engines? I have lots of photos of several dismantled Saitos. What parts do you need photos of?

standard.jpg

Last edited:
having more fun

Hey KMOT

Ya I was looking for picture of the head ( cylinder )
If you got one setting around and can place it on a rotating stand. I like some pictures that I could use for a Map of a engine.

I Wanted to have some fun so I made the collision mesh on Micheanlgo so if you hit the ground at to steep of an angle on landing, He will fall out.

Attachments

• TMNT08.JPG
    TMNT08.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 29
  • TMNT09.JPG
    TMNT09.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 45
Junkboy999 said:
Hey KMOT

Ya I was looking for picture of the head ( cylinder )
If you got one setting around and can place it on a rotating stand. I like some pictures that I could use for a Map of a engine.

I Wanted to have some fun so I made the collision mesh on Micheanlgo so if you hit the ground at to steep of an angle on landing, He will fall out.

haha, that's good work dude. That a nice effect. Nice job. To KMOT:

Nice photo, do you work with Saito engines often?

Junkboy: I do not currently have one disassembled. However, if you can use photos of an assembled engine, I can do the pictures for you. How many degrees apart would you need the sequence to be?

Bjornke: I have overhauled lots of engines, including 5 Saito's.

Kmot said:
Junkboy: I do not currently have one disassembled. However, if you can use photos of an assembled engine, I can do the pictures for you. How many degrees apart would you need the sequence to be?

Bjornke: I have overhauled lots of engines, including 5 Saito's.

Nice Kmot. I have only overhauled 3 engines before, all Thunder Tiger 0.45 or my Aerobatic aircraft. Thunder Tigers run very well. I have never had any problems with them. I normally Disassemble them to clean them up, and (when I crash, which was only once) to get dirt and grime out.

just for future use

Thanks kmot

I took picture of my Mag 70xl and use them. I was hoping to get some better shots with out all the cams, carbs, and muffler mount in the way. Not really for any project but just for future models.

Sounds good Junkboy. I usually just take 6 Pictures of the things I want to model, or texture. (I mainly use the pictures for texturing)

When modelling Movie Scenes, the most important part happens to be the Model's Poly count (we use Vertex Count, more reliable)

Most of our Meshes averaged at around 50,000-100,000 Ve Count

I didn't do the textures myself, I was part of the Modeling team, hence, my lack in knowing how to texture perfectly.

1. Top
2. Bottom
3. Left Side
4. Right Side
5. Front
6. Aft

Old and Ruff

Ok just playing with some ideals.

I wanted it to look like it was build out of pips, wood, and paper. So thinking about making it old and ruff looking. Not sure if I'm going to have enough polys for both main wings. We'll just have to see..

Attachments

• TMNT10.JPG
    TMNT10.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Back