S

Coyote Basin Park_AP

Yes. Edited "Coyote Basin" but it wouldn't upload. So, being new here, renamed the edited version "Coyote Basin Park" and uploaded that (not knowing how to remove the first one...?) Do you know how to take down a redundant one?
If you've flown Coyote Basin Park (the good one), is grass the predominant ground cover? (One of my flying buddies downloaded it and said it looked like brown dirt?) Good Grief.

if you'd like to delete any of your resources, here's a graphic that demonstrates how I would do it on one of mine:
20211110_192603.jpg

Last edited:
Outstanding! Thanks so much for your quick, illustrated and effective response. Lots to learn.
Not to be a pest, but do you know how to add realistic sloping, grassy ground cover to an airfield? (My upload looks just like where we fly but it's too flat. We are in a kind of bowl with all the scenery slightly elevated around us.) I've tried using depth buffers, but they appear bright red both in the edit screen and when flying the airfield.
Thanks again for your help deleting that redundant upload.
Steve T.

the depth buffer objects appear red until they are set to "render to depth buffer only" in the side menu. often, it's handy to make a folder in that side menu and make sure that its attribute "force contents to render to depth buffer" is checked. then you can put all of your depth buffer objects in the same place and toggle their visibility all at once. but that certainly isn't required.

I think that should help you. ?

oh, also, regarding the gradual sloping, I'm sorry I don't know how to do that unless it's a PhotoField airport. hopefully one of the other guys will chime in who do know how to do that in a non-PhotoField airport like yours is.

I just thought of something, Spyplane. if you have the Construction Site airport, it has sloped areas kind of like what you want.

At the default spawn area, taxi to the right and there's a sloping area there were the airplane goes uphill a little. If you go to the airport editor you could see how they did that.

there may be other 3D airports that do that too, but I thought of that one just now.

Appreciate your ideas and assistance. Worked on your suggestions yesterday and this morning again. Found the slopes in Construction Site airport, but no way to separate those slopes (which would have been perfect!) from the rest of the scenery file.
Grouped all the depth buffers together and "render to depth buffer only" (saves a lot of time, thanks) but can't seem to find a way to add any grassy texture files in the contours. The red buffers turn white in "fly" mode and the white ones just stay white.
I'll have to work more, but for now, Coyote Basin Park is as flat as a pancake. <G>

I wish I could be more help, but I have almost zero experience with 3D airports. ?

I sure hope that some of the guys who do have more experience will chime in.

Back