Creating a panoramic photofield ...

DDawg

Is there a tutorial on how to create one? and what software you need to accomplish one succesfully ...

bump .... I sure would love to learn how to create my own flying field .... or, at least how and where to extract the files I need ... I have a panoramic set of pctures ... I just need to know how to get them in game. I know it will take some work in photoshop ...

I forgot to say "Thank you" for the above links ...

I am sure I will have more questions as I progress ... if I progress ....

A good result is surprisingly difficult to get. Just know that if you go to all the trouble that it's a thankless pursuit. These things involve high equipment and travel expenses and a lot of labor. When you arrive at your location, you're at the mercy of the weather and the people who happen to be there. In the end, the biggest jerk at the field gets to use your image if you post it in the swaps. There are some real prizes out there.

I know that I am beating a dead horse, but it would be nice if I could sell my photofields and other content. There would have to be some infrastructure changes to protect the IP. Both KE and creators could share in the sales of planes and fields. Other sims do this.

A lot of effort is made to get a good panoramic photo. You have to have a decent camera. A decent tri-pod and pano-head. Then you need the right software to stitch the whole thing together. Then you have to import and build the field. It is comparable work to building an aircraft. Sometimes you have to shoot the field multiple times for light and color. Not easy.

In the end, the biggest jerk at the field gets to use your image if you post it in the swaps.

now, you're scaring me ... I just wanted something that would give me the "feel" like I was at my flying field ...

I don't want money ... and the biggest jerk at my/our field is me ... LOL

I know that I am beating a dead horse, but it would be nice if I could sell my photofields and other content. There would have to be some infrastructure changes to protect the IP. Both KE and creators could share in the sales of planes and fields. Other sims do this.
I hear ya. I don't think that would fly as a business model. If you look in the swaps, a not-bad photofield can be expected to be downloaded a thousand times. But if they cost a dollar, I'm sure you'd be really lucky to get 100 takers. Split the proceeds with site management and now you get a measly 50 bucks. Not good for a week of work (using arbitrary numbers, of course).

now, you're scaring me ... I just wanted something that would give me the "feel" like I was at my flying field ...

I don't want money ...
Well you're off to a good start then, being in it for the right reasons and all.

It is a labor of love doing a field. Everyone wants it. Nobody wants to pay for it. Sorry to burst your bubble. Or at least I hope that I did not. My local field is the only place I want to fly. Hey it is what it is. 321 pretty much has the economics down.

I don't want money ... and the biggest jerk at my/our field is me ... LOL

If we have nice 360 Panoramic image of the field. Is there any thread which tells how to add it to your custom Airport in the editor. I see it only let you add the Panoramic images that are already existing!

Back