creating an aircraft

firemansorel

hi top you all!!! g4.5 is a great program. thank you for that!!! i have donwload blender, and want to change texture and create new airplane, but not able to import texture from existing plane in g4.5 and it seem very hard to operate blender.... how to use blender or maybe there is an other program easer to use to change texture or color on existing airplane.... need help with this... thank you for your support..

Not sure what it is you want to do just "change color"
or create an entirely new , never seen before original aircraft?

To change "texture" or "color" on existing aircraft
you need a photo editing program like "photo shop" or "gimp" (gimp is free , google it)
you use the .tga file that rf creates when you "save as" a CS in RF

bleander is for doing 3dmodeling(To create an entirely new , never seen before original aircraft)

Last edited:
thank you for the info!!! ì would like to fly a hangar 9 pulse xt... know someone that could create this plane for me, with a four stroke???

you must find(search online) and post a "3-view" and the specs for it(again use google)
or try "rc groups" http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557457
.......but there is no guarentee that some one will make it for you
you are asking for someone to spend 40-200 hours of their time to do so
so you must "PEEK" "Pique" or "Peak" their intrest....in other words you at least have to do some of the "legwork" yourself
this is what a 3-view will look like....

Attachments

• ScreenShot599.jpg
    ScreenShot599.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Hay Major,

As you say, you've piqued my interest with the shot of the Wyvern. Got any more info on it?

Doug

Doug,

There is a desinger that has been working on the Wyvern for quite a while now, not sure if he still is but I'm sure he'll get ahold of ya.

I did alot of leg work and even found a copy of the original flight manual.

Wyvern Info

I have the August 2008 issue of Aeroplane which did a 19 page feature on the Wyvern.The Pics R scans from article,could send rest if of any Use 2U. :)

Attachments

• wyverncutaway1.jpg
    wyverncutaway1.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 17
  • wyvern3view.jpg
    wyvern3view.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 16
tnorton12000 said:
Doug,

There is a desinger that has been working on the Wyvern for quite a while now, not sure if he still is but I'm sure he'll get ahold of ya.

I did alot of leg work and even found a copy of the original flight manual.
Believe it or not, but I've got a free night tonight and was actually planning on getting back to work on the Wyvern. I'm hoping it all goes well and am hoping to have a model with generic landing gear in RF tomorrow at some point. This of course depends on if I have anymore surprises pop up like the dead truck I had to fix as soon as I woke up this morning

I always love those little surprises. Especially when the surprise is due to your own stupidity, like when I left the ignition to my bike turned on over night. That was one dead battery and no kick-start option either.

dhk79 said:
I always love those little surprises. Especially when the surprise is due to your own stupidity, like when I left the ignition to my bike turned on over night. That was one dead battery and no kick-start option either.
Well I wish I could say it was due to leavin something on, but the battery was 9 years old. Same battery it rolled off the line with back in late 2000. It just shorted a cell and left it stranded. Atleast it did it at home in the driveway and not out somewhere else

LOL, wow I'd love to get a battery to last 9 yrs. They only last about 2 here in Arizona.

Buy only Optima, best batteries out there. No water, can hang them upside down and they last forever.

Back to the thread.......

There Is

firemansorel said:
ok i have gimp!!! is there a tutoral for using gimp????

Hello, in the G3.5 forums, there is a thread called Gimp Users Guide To Color Schemes. It was created by me, to answer a lot of question that I was getting at the time. It addresses most CS quick fixes, and techniques that I've used in my own CS's. Just click HERE to check it out.

Last edited:
Actually, it seems that exporting a CS from G4.5 generates an .rfx file, not a .tga file, and the simply renaming to TGA does not make a valid file for GIMP.

Yes, i tried search too. I know, jeffpn I am probably an idiot and am imposing on your time, but perhaps someone else has a positive suggestion for how to modify color schemes.

Thanks in advance

Back