Creating glowing parts

nhadrian

Hi, I'm quite new to RF9 but have experiences az X-Plane developer (plane and scenery too).
After reading tutorials, I succesfully made my first V-TOL plane which include normal and specular maps too, and now working on a multicopter.
Basic object structure for multicopter is already clear but I can't find any reference on how to add glowing parts (technically 3 blinking LED covers).

Thank you for the explanation in advance!
Best regards
Adrian

Hi, I'm quite new to RF9 but have experiences az X-Plane developer (plane and scenery too).
After reading tutorials, I succesfully made my first V-TOL plane which include normal and specular maps too, and now working on a multicopter.
Basic object structure for multicopter is already clear but I can't find any reference on how to add glowing parts (technically 3 blinking LED covers).

Thank you for the explanation in advance!
Best regards
Adrian

Name the parts ~CS_GLOW and ~CS_BULB. They are not so much LEDs as glow in the dark paint or glow sticks. The difference between the two names is bulb is visible during the day and glow is not. There are NUP commands you can add to make them blink. There is an on duration, an off duration, and an offset amount.

NUP_OnPeriodSEC=<enter_number>
NUP_OffPeriodSEC=<enter_number>
NUP_OffsetSEC=<enter_number>

Thank you very much, I'll try!
And how about texturing? Normally we are using LIT textures when doing light emitting objects in X-Plane, etc.
What I want to achieve (if possible) that I have a white LED housing that emits green pulsating light.
But going through manuals, only normal and specular textures take part in modelling...

the color of the part is the same as the light it will emit. you could make a white semi transparent lens with the green bulb. the alpha channel on the tga dims the emission.

Sounds logical!
Can you tell me how to add NUP attributes in Blender? I didnt succeed :(

this is where you add the NUP commands.

2020-12-25 13_22_25-.jpg

Property name MUST be "UDP3DSMAX"

Property Value is where you type nup commands
If multiple Nup values are needed. they must be seperated by the following exactly &cr;&lf; No spaces

then export the the fbx (make sure to check the custom properties box on export) and run it through the following program FBX Converter Archives | Autodesk Developer Network and convert it to ascii

Note I was using blender 2.82a and the 2013.3 64 bit

Back