Curtiss JN-4D Jenny

I put a catch 22 in that post. 'that can put gas in it '

At my age usually the pilot has as much gas as the plane. Sucks today .. I took the day off to fly my helis more and now gotta go have a rogue tooth pulled. Getting old is no fun. :mad:

I put a catch 22 in that post. 'that can put gas in it '
I'm a Scale guy and I can tell you I have no scale plane with working Gas gauges or any other gauge that functions. I also don't see the pilot or anyone else jumping out and saying "Filler up!" You have snapped at me and Legoman when we have mentioned "Scale" anything pertaining to your modeling and have made it quite clear you are building a "Model" of a Jenny. What's with this obsession with a gas gauge?
On a lite note, have you thought about a Jenny on floats?? It would be a blast to fly and I'm sure if you snugged up your map you could get the floats in. I also want to comment, your plane as your building it, is looking fine and will be a great addition for those who have long past the passion of flying the default plane and have longed for better planes that don't look like store bought ARF models. Scale takes a lot of work and patience, however when you get to the flying field and watch people observe your work and ask lots of questions, you find it quite refreshing, and your work stands above the rest of the store-bought. You might not ever venture into another model demanding the amount of work as this, or more, you will however be able to look at this one and smile with pride as to where it brought you.

Attachments

• Both Joe's Garages HD_AP.RFX
    352.2 KB · Views: 5
As you have stated several times, yours is not a scale model, so this means you can throw in the fudge factor and go for something that looks kinda scale. There are differences in the early Jenny's and the N-9 series, however you have to admit that it's close enough for "Stand Off Scale" and would be a hoot to fly. Pics below
The jn-7h pic is very unscale, however you see the possibilities. Close enough for Real Flight fun. Just a suggestion since you have all the hard work finished.

Attachments

• Curtiss-JN9 edit.jpg
    Curtiss-JN9 edit.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 6
  • jenny-jn-7h-hydravion-ap011-maquette-avion edit.jpg
    jenny-jn-7h-hydravion-ap011-maquette-avion edit.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 6
As you have stated several times, yours is not a scale model, so this means you can throw in the fudge factor and go for something that looks kinda scale. There are differences in the early Jenny's and the N-9 series, however you have to admit that it's close enough for "Stand Off Scale" and would be a hoot to fly. Pics below
The jn-7h pic is very unscale, however you see the possibilities. Close enough for Real Flight fun. Just a suggestion since you have all the hard work finished.

I've already gathered up some pictures of the Curtiss float version and it's a possibility later but after I release Jenny I'm taking a break for a bit. But with all the latest editions I've made to Jenny I don't understand why you don't consider it a scale version now. To me it's a scale version of the JN4-D2, what is it missing to you that would make it scale?

I'm a Scale guy and I can tell you I have no scale plane with working Gas gauges or any other gauge that functions. I also don't see the pilot or anyone else jumping out and saying "Filler up!" You have snapped at me and Legoman when we have mentioned "Scale" anything pertaining to your modeling and have made it quite clear you are building a "Model" of a Jenny. What's with this obsession with a gas gauge?
On a lite note, have you thought about a Jenny on floats?? It would be a blast to fly and I'm sure if you snugged up your map you could get the floats in. I also want to comment, your plane as your building it, is looking fine and will be a great addition for those who have long past the passion of flying the default plane and have longed for better planes that don't look like store bought ARF models. Scale takes a lot of work and patience, however when you get to the flying field and watch people observe your work and ask lots of questions, you find it quite refreshing, and your work stands above the rest of the store-bought. You might not ever venture into another model demanding the amount of work as this, or more, you will however be able to look at this one and smile with pride as to where it brought you.

My gas cap comment was only a joke because of BrokeDads post about it. And in my comment I said 'that can put gas in it' which was saying it will never happen, so no screw off gas caps. I'm sorry about snapping on occasion but it seemed to me your posts were poking me with a stick rather than being constructive so I reacted to it. Read your posts from another persons perspective and you might see that. Lots of people post constructive comments which I totally accept, no problem. So there's a difference whether you can see it or not.

I have the plane up on RF right now. Having that tooth pulled was not fun this morning. It was so bad he couldn't numb it totally and it broke coming out which meant going digging for the rest. :eek:

I still plan on flying the packs I have charged for my helis today before dark.

The double sized version of the Jenny I will post up after I get the final from swap and it has a few days to be there on top of things. I may even do a CS. :p

Okay guys here's the deal. I spent the day doing a final build of the full wire version and the reduced wire version and creating release notes and pictures for the release. But when I tried to upload them to the swap pages it says the limit is 2MB and both are just a tad over 3MB. I called KnifeEdge and left a message to Ryan saying I couldn't upload a new EA I created because the limit was 2MB and the EA was more than that but I don't know what will happen. So I'm stuck, all dressed up and no where to go. Bummer!

I called KnifeEdge and left a message to Ryan saying I couldn't upload a new EA I created because the limit was 2MB and the EA was more than that but I don't know what will happen. So I'm stuck, all dressed up and no where to go. Bummer!

HA. Original. You know why Boof and everyone had the RF.CC (RealFlight Content Creators) page/group made? I'll keep it short, but see the spam thread? Still there, nothing done about it. Crap, I could probably cuss and not get an infraction.
6nv1ZHE.png

I'm a Scale guy... Scale takes a lot of work and patience, however when you get to the flying field and watch people observe your work and ask lots of questions, you find it quite refreshing, and your work stands above the rest of the store-bought. You might not ever venture into another model demanding the amount of work as this, or more, you will however be able to look at this one and smile with pride as to where it brought you.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing pictures of your scale planes, so if you'd care to share get my email address from legoman and send me some.

Bull sh..!!!

Okay guys here's the deal. I spent the day doing a final build of the full wire version and the reduced wire version and creating release notes and pictures for the release. But when I tried to upload them to the swap pages it says the limit is 2MB and both are just a tad over 3MB. I called KnifeEdge and left a message to Ryan saying I couldn't upload a new EA I created because the limit was 2MB and the EA was more than that but I don't know what will happen. So I'm stuck, all dressed up and no where to go. Bummer!

The limit used to be 50 MB why it is 2MB now is BS. I know there are airports that push 50MB and a few planes that push 20 MB. Even the limit on rfx's on the forums is 50MB.

Would you like me to send a private message to Jim T. Graham on Helifreak ? He still is an administrator there. He has posted in the last few days.

I sent a message to Jim T. Graham on Helifreak. He still is an administrator there. He has posted in the last few days. Maybe he can help get the file size limit increased.

Back