Custom Model Makers Unite

dhk79

OK, OK, I know it's a poor pun off of a thread title from a defunct member. But in this case we really did it. :D

Earlier this month, out in the back woods of Maryland; Willsonman, Jeffpn, and DHK79 (left to right) actually met for the first time. As each of the three live in different states, this was a highly unusual event. There was a lot of good social interaction, plotting of evil deeds, and even some discussion of a few RF projects.

In general, a very good time was had by all and I am eagerly awaiting the next time a few of us (that are spread across the planet) can manage to pull it off.

Doug

Attachments

• 2010-07-11_18-46-14 (2).jpg
    2010-07-11_18-46-14 (2).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 92
Next time I go to the post office, I'm going to check, I think I saw these same mugs on the wall there.

A handsome group of dudes.
I knew your faces from that other place, but not all together like that.
That is indeed a rare meeting. :D

Jeff, do you wear that shirt everywhere?

Too cool for words :cool:

Wish I'd known, I'm in NC and it would have been maybe a 6-7 hour drive. Being "retired" at this point I've got all the time in the world.

Plus it would have given me a good excuse to visit the NASM and Udvar-Hazy. Jeff, I'm guessing you took advantage of the get-together to do that also?

BTW, don't take Dr. Moo's comment personally, I don't think he meant any harm. That's a fine looking family you've got, the big guy on your right is the spittin' image of his dad! You must be mighty proud of them :)

Anyway, I'll throw in a pic of my ugly mug as a substitute for not being there. Be warned though, have a barf bag ready ;)

DH

Attachments

• DSC_0180.jpg
    DSC_0180.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 43
Udvar-Hazy was definitely a priority. I went there with a couple other forum members whom I had never met!! I thought about mentioning on the forums about the trip before we went, just to see who else may have been interested. Now I wish I had done that.

Definitely was a fun time. Sorry, I'm only 29... 5'9". Just an average guy here. :rolleyes: I think it was just a freak of a thing and I am glad I did not pass up the opportunity. That reminds me... I need to send Doug a copy of something we discussed.

I drove to Florida that week to pick up a ¼ Scale PILOT DECATHLON form a guy off the RC forums. That would of been a lot longer trip to drive up to Maryland then back across the country to tornado ally.

Wills

It must be your on a slope in front. You still got me by 3 inches any ways, but I got you by Age and Girth. :D

Ps Dirty Harry I found now that I semi retired. I'm working more then when I was WORKING.

Last edited:
Jeff, do you wear that shirt everywhere?
No I don't. I have a whole other one!! Here's Boof, me, and mwilson914 at the USAF museum today! I had a really good time getting together with both of them.

Attachments

• 2012-07-25_13-50-00.jpg
    2012-07-25_13-50-00.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 40
The way Matt is standing it looks like he might be concerned about his picture ending up in the sim as a grapple toy. Wish I'd thought of that!:D

I had a good time guys. I really wish I could make it back this way more often. I hope I don't have to wait another 23 years to make another visit to the USAF Flight Museum. I do wish I could have met Steve too, but there will be other opportunities in the future I am sure. With my parents living in Newark I am sure to be back again and we can always do another trip to the museum or maybe Cedar Point! I miss getting those season passes and going on the rides all the time.

I will post pics once I get a better data connection or internet connection for the laptop.

Back