Das Bipe Stik

Here's what I ended up with I changed the upper fins and valve covers to the same color as the engine case so it looks like most engines. I'm glad I reworked the cylinders because they needed it for a long time.

View attachment 125149View attachment 125150
technoid!
this plane is so good looking.
There are other planes in RealFlight that I like, but this beta is the one I have been flying all the time, and it just keeps getting even better looking.

Last edited:
technoid!
this plane is so good looking.
There are other planes in RealFlight that I like, but this beta is the one I have been flying all the time, and it just keeps getting even better looking.
Thanks @space boy I appreciate your comments it did turn out better than I thought it would. Ever since I started working on it I wanted to rework the engine so it looked better and I'm glad I did because it definitely makes the plane look better. And like you I'm flying this plane all the time.

I have a question for you guys. Is anyone using the Das Bipe Stik Ribs CS I created "all the time" or was is something to look at a few times and then you went back to the normal CS? I ask because I'm curious how much use it will get with people. I admit I use it some but mostly I fly with the normal CS.

I have mine set to "randomize color schemes", but I've manually selected the ribs one a few times. I like it.

That said, I'm gonna make a modification of the ribs CS for the final, unless you want to, with the iron cross stripes on the tops of the wings only.
Thanks for letting me know how you use it I just wasn't sure if it was worth the work it took to do it. I'll let you do the iron cross on the top of the wings I prefer it on the top and bottom because of the wing struts. But hey the more color schemes the better. I do have another color scheme I'm planning to do but I haven't started it yet. It's the blue and yellow trainer CS I did for the other Stiks. But if someone else wants to do it that's fine too.

Hey technoid, you may already know about this and may already have fixed it, but when I taxi quickly around myself in the Austria airport, the insides of the wheels sometimes peek through the insides of the wheel pants when it's going over the bumpiness there. No biggie to me, but I thought I'd mention it here. ?

edit: it happens on any field with grass.

Last edited:
Hey technoid, you may already know about this and may already have fixed it, but when I taxi quickly around myself in the Austria airport, the insides of the wheels sometimes peek through the insides of the wheel pants when it's going over the bumpiness there. No biggie to me, but I thought I'd mention it here. ?

edit: it happens on any field with grass.
Yes I know it's caused by the springy scale retracts I can't fix it unless I make them much wider and then they would look too wide. I'm curious what did you do to see it, as in did you use one of the built-in camera views?

I'm curious what did you do to see it, as in did you use one of the built-in camera views?
That's a little story. I was able to see it easier than anyone else will, because I tried to cheat and make a variant of the rib CS using the same color map that I used for a variation of the non-rib CS. The net result is that I was really noticing the wheel sticking through because my wheel pants were the default white color. When I use the correct color map with red wheel pants, then it's almost not even noticeable.

So, I would say problem solved, as long as nobody does a color scheme where the wheel pants are white. When they're red, it's not noticeable enough to even worry about.

That's a little story. I was able to see it easier than anyone else will, because I tried to cheat and make a variant of the rib CS using the same color map that I used for a variation of the non-rib CS. The net result is that I was really noticing the wheel sticking through because my wheel pants were the default white color. When I use the correct color map with red wheel pants, then it's almost not even noticeable.

So, I would say problem solved, as long as nobody does a color scheme where the wheel pants are white. When they're red, it's not noticeable enough to even worry about.
I could see it when I used the built-in down the side of the plane camera but I couldn't see it if I was just standing there watching the plane go around me. But BD noticed it too and that's when I looked for it and couldn't see it until I used the built-in camera to look down the side of the plane while I taxied around me.

Okay about the tires sticking through the pants. I just tested BrokeDad's latest electric 75% AV and it didn't bounce or dance for me on any of the fields I tried so I went back and changed my physics to Springy Flat Aluminum and used the "400" strength setting BD used and didn't notice any bouncing or dancing in my version either. So I'll add the physics changes to the plane before I release it right now the changes are in a temporary physics file just to test them out. I tend to forget stuff so I always test physics changes with a temporary file and then add the changes to the real physics if I want to keep them. So thanks BrokeDad, Doug, and space boy for the heads up on this I'm sorry I was so slow to make the change.

There is one more thing I'll probably do now. I don't like seeing the flat area of the gear rotating with the Springy Flat Aluminum so I'll probably go back and "cut" the flat area of the gear on the bottom of the fuselage off and make it a separate piece so it will stay flat and only the main gear strut will rotate at an angle that's what I've done in the past so you don't see that. Luckily the gear uses baked on colors so cutting each of them in half to make two pieces won't force me to do any mapping.. goodie goodie.

The stronger I went the more it would dance a bit on spawn or reset. It stops quickly if it does happen at 400. It never keeps dancing for more than a second or so.
So you still see a little dancing now and then? I didn't notice any but I'll play with it a little more after I cut the landing gear into two pieces to keep that bottom flat area from rotating when the gear flexes. I just got up and am getting ready to cut the gear now.

When I tried it the first time and told you it was dancing on me I think I left it at the "500" setting it was at first and I don't remember lowing it any I think I just didn't want to take the chance of it dancing after I release it. I never saw the tire sticking through the pants until I tried to see it on purpose when I just flew the plane I never seen it so it wasn't really a problem for me.

Okay I cut the landing gear in two pieces so there's a flat part that lays against the bottom of the fuselage and the strut that goes down at an angle to the wheel. Now when the strut rotates with the Flat Springy Aluminum setting the bottom of the gear stays level on the bottom of the fuselage.

I also played around with the "strength" setting for the gear and ended up changing the strength from "400" down to "250" and it seems to work better the tiny bit of dancing that happens now and then at 400 is all but gone so that's what I'll use in the release physics.

I still need to adjust the on board camera settings because they're too close I left them alone till the end since I never use them anymore. I think I might add a "cinema cam" because I like to use that when I fly in RF-X at the Wright Island field it gives me a sense of flying the plane better than the chase cam does. Hopefully after that I'll be finished.

Okay I'm going to upload one more beta and I hope everyone will try it so I can make sure no one has any issues with the way it's setup before I release it. I just finished adjusting the on-board cameras and adding a cinema cam so maybe ASJ will test that for me in RF-X and let me know if it looks okay to him. Hopefully the plane is ready to release now.

Controls are set for the InterLink Elite

SMOKE: Channel 7 switch
BRAKES: Applied using UP elevator

On Board Cameras

F4: Cinema Cam
F5: Plane Front
F6: Plane Left
F7: Plane Right

Das Bipe Stik 26.jpg

Attachments

• Das Bipe Stik_EA.RFX
    1.5 MB · Views: 7