Das Bipe Stik

right. Using the alpha layer technique, only hiding is possible. Thanks for the info, technoid.

You can use the alpha if the model is set up or it my the original creator. You can detach unwanted parts but this requires the part to have a collision mesh and leaves the remain on the ground. You can move the part if it is small/medium with a linear actuator and hide it inside something else. or you can replace/remove parts by selecting the part with an engine. and it gets replaced by the selected propeller and with a small enough prop the part is "removed". if the model is setup you can add parts with the engine/prop method. this is how I made the An-225 in 7.5 with the triangle count of ~48000 when the poly limit in 7.5 was 27000 by adding the nacelles, Thrust reversers and fans as fake propellers that did not turn. it can hit the sim super hard with too many engine running but not turning and poorly set up collisions on the added props/parts.

Sorry for the derail @technoid

I have more than one style of wheel pants already created but I thought that style might look good on the Das Bipe Stick, and it does, but I thought I'd try another more normal style too so let me know which one you prefer.

Here's a picture of both styles and a beta with the new style on the plane.

Das Bipe Stik 19.jpgDas Bipe Stik 18.jpg

Attachments

• Das Bipe Stik_EA.RFX
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
In my opinion... I don't know. I like the first set, I think that they are pretty cool looking. However the second set seems to fit more with the fuselage, due to the more box like design. Yet the first ,round pare looks fitting with the wings. But like I said, I don't really know:unsure:. One thing is certain, it is one great looking plane!

Back