Dash and Guages

Sitting on runway ready for takeoff, from cockpit camera

Cub on runway chase view

original-8329c935daa0910ca391a623ace5352b.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics. The CS on it is diff. from the plane I got in the link you posted, The CS that`s in the "posted link" is horrible, it looks like it belongs in a circus or on a clown outfit. Are they the same plane??? Did you put a diff. CS on it ??

That's the Piper Cub from Add-Ons 1. I can tell from the CS and the number on the wing. It's also in the standard directory for some. I recently made an electric of it with Safe modes.

Last edited:
Okay, so you guys are talking above my pay grade. This is the Cub I ended up with, and I thought it had potential to be made into a Cub that would fly very much like a real Cub, and I could put a camera in it. If I could put some instruments in it, it would be that much better.

This one, after much work, flies the way I want. It is slow and steady, but like real Cubs it is a challenge to learn to taxi well, and taking off can be a challenge to stay in the middle of the runway. All of this can be learned. I also like that at about 3/4 throttle it will take off on it's own, and if you power off the nose will drop nicely.

For your entertainment;

https://youtu.be/vCbHa3H_TWo

HA HA, Reminds me a little of the movie "ground hog day" but still fun to watch, girl has pretty hands & voice, would have been nice to see her face, she looked pretty cute from what you could see though...;):D:D

HA HA, Reminds me a little of the movie "ground hog day" but still fun to watch, girl has pretty hands & voice, would have been nice to see her face, she looked pretty cute from what you could see though...;):D:D

Yes, the video is a bit repetitive. The camera head movement of the student got a bit old also.

I took some flying lessons many years ago, but my instructor was an old fat guy who liked to chase geese with a Cessna 152. I didn't complete my training.

HA,my first flight was in a piper, late 60`s very early 70`s, I would guess ?? probably around 16-17 yrs. old, the pilot, (some relative to one of parents) let me fly/control the plane in the pattern and turn into final, then he took over for the final approach and landing, not sure if he had his hand hovering his stick or not, (I`m guessing he did) BUT,I certainly got the sensation that I was in control, because I could feel it in the stick, It was a great feeling. I have been up in several other planes since then, The two best were a aerobatic (with all the stunts) flight in a Stearman and a flight in a P-51, the gas tank was removed from the space behind the pilots seat and replaced with a seat for a passenger, a little cramped, perhaps, but I was comfortable.

Last edited:
I have found that I was unable to put cameras in some airplanes. I did have success with the JU-52, and here are a couple of screen shots. This airplane is really fun to fly with camera view.

original-c3f2acf44be1a2d4329dcf0ff2dae172.jpg
[/IMG]

original-1cefcc03d437fd872fd1bcf6123dfc59.jpg
[/IMG]

I might move the camera position just a bit forward and change the view angle down another degree.

Last edited:
Back