DE trouble (again)

Wingman57

OK, i have just about given up and this is my final resort. I have used Brentg's help and i still get those messages in RF that say missing file refers to ~CS_LMW ~CS_RMW ,~CS_LMHS... and so on it lists every surface of the airplane. Im just not getting it. So i am going to post this thread to show exactly what I am doing and if anybody spots something wrong would you please help me. Thanks.

OK here we go, When i am in DE i align all the pivot points attach everything to a group like aleron to wing and wing to Fuselage and so on. Well when i attatch the ailerons to the wing all these Axis's come up seen on pics 1-3. And if i delete one of them the aileron disaperes. In pictures 4-5 there are the parts listed in which i have grouped them, and you can see all of these axis's on the plane shown in picture 5. See next post. below

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 15
Post 2: Then I go up to save as>mpfa.3ds to desktop shown in pictures 1-4 and it is saved on my desktop as a 3ds file. See next post below.

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 4
I don't know exactly, I think its ok. Now don't take my word for this. I think that's just another axis from the newly merged component... ;)

Post 3: Now its time for the conversion from 3ds. to a kex file. I go to comand promt and type in cd Desktop.
then 3ds2kex -v3 mpfa.3ds and a whole list of things come up and there is hundreds of Dummys wich i believe are the axis's but im not sure and brentg said there should be none of those dummys See pictures 1-5. See next post below.

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 4
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 5
Post 4: now i go into the SUP file se pic 1. now pics 1-4 are pics of me changing the name from _CS_ to ~CS_. and as you can see there are 2 of these $$$DUMMY's in pic 5 i click save and exit notepad. See next post. I am going to my computer upstairs because it has the Graphics card to handle RF and this one doesnt. plus i already went through the DE trial on the one upstairs.

Attachments

• 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 2
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 2
Post 5: Now i open up realflight and go to Simulation>Import>KEX. See pic 1. It imports succesfully and i go to select it and it loads the DDS and i click ok. I go to fly it and all these messages come up see pic 4. Then in pic 5 i am in editor and it shows that there are no surfaces.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 12
First thing I noticed is your calling the Fuselage ~CS_ROOTFRAME... You dont need to do that. Call the main step in your hiearchy Fuselage

Then under Left and Right wings you have sub dir boxes, you need to name the parts and get them out of the sub dir and delete them

Sample:

Fuselage
~CS_LMW
~CS_LMA
~CS_LG
~CS_LW The editor wont let me show the offset in the hiearchy. so look at pic

Al these would be under the ~CS_LMW and do the same for the right wing if your parts have more than object in them for example say your wheel has two objects then collapse them and name with the ~CS_name.

The other parts looked ok but i did not go in depth in each pic.

Brentg

Attachments

• wingman10.jpg
    wingman10.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 8
brentg said:
First thing I noticed is your calling the Fuselage ~CS_ROOTFRAME... You dont need to do that. Call the main step in your hiearchy Fuselage

That's probably it brent. The dummy nodes wouldn't cause so much problems to Realflight, but if the 3ds2kex - exporter cannot identify a FUSELAGE object, which is converted to the Rootframe, it might get problems with applying every other ~CS - object to the hierarchy trunk.

Max

Than you probably have too much dummy nodes. Delete the $Dummy entries completely out of the .sup - file and export to .kex again. Show me the output of 3ds2kex (don't know if the Dummies are still landing in the .kex - file) and try import again.

Max

Wingman57 said:
ok i did exactly what you said and still nothing RF doesnt recognize anything
:confused:

Post another pic of the DE hierarchy again, does it look like the one I posted?

note: It wont look exactly like mine, the hierarchy I posted did not have ailerons ,but should give a idea.

did you get rid of all axis/ sub boxes?

Like Max said delete the sup and start over after you get the hierarchy and naming redone.

Last edited:
ok heres what the SUP file looks like and ill have the DE Heiarchy in a bit.

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 13
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 7
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 5
Looks good so far, Not how RF will react with the gear naming. Standard naming is
~CS_LG and ~CS_RG no need for M, looks like you are getting a handle on it.

Make sure you exit & save sup and rerun 3ds2kex for changes to take effect.

Name=STRING:~CS_SPINNER

And for multi-engine setups you should add a number, so Realflight knows which spinner is for which engine, like:

~CS_SPINNER1
~CS_ENGINE1

~CS_SPINNER2
~CS_ENGINE2

Max

BTW:

Stick to the ~CS_LG/RG naming. Don't be afraid of the NUP - Values added in the .sup - file by 3ds2kex. As long as you don't enter any values there your gear will not rotate in any way and it won't come to import problems as long as you don't have any ~CS_GD(1,2,3,4) - object in the .3ds - file too.

Greets,

Max

Well i appreciate all your guys's help and there has been no furthur progress yet i still cant get it to work. Maybee if some time tomarrow if i have it i will try some more and try some different things. PLUS i have some bad news. there are only about 11 days left on my trial and since i was SUPPOSED to get my Deep Exploration, BUT the place where i ordered it from didnt post that they had it out of stock and dont carry it anymore! So if anyone out there has a used Deep Exploration that they dont use anymore would u be interested in selling it. Thanks.
WM57

Back