DELETING FLIGHTS

rcaflyguy

Hi All
I installed the sim (RF9) earlier this evening....updated it to version 9.00.022. It installed without a hitch and as far as I can tell it is working perfectly......AND it's a hell of a lot of fun! My question is this. Under the "recordings" tab, at the top, why are the NAMES of the recordings still appearing in the list even AFTER the file is actually deleted? Pressing "open recording" opens the folder and exposes the files as it should, however, even after deleting them, the names remain.....they remain even after they are completed deleted from the recycle bin and the machine is rebooted. FWIW....I'm running Windows 7 (and have been for many years, and I have several other flight sims installed that also work perfectly......FSX, FSX Steam, and FS-2004. The computer runs like a champ so I'm sure that's not the issue. This is obviously an issue with this particular program (or maybe this version of it) and I'm just wondering if anyone else either has the same thing happening...or knows the solution. I am attaching a screen shot.....the 3 recordings listed have been deleted.

Thanks for any help! Screen01.JPG

I'm sure you already tried this, but I'll ask anyway. Did you delete the recordings in the RF->Simulation->Manage User Files... dialog? They are probably just cached in an internal file that you haven't yet gotten to. It's the preferred way of dealing with the files you don't want cluttering up the place and should clear any internal list caches.

Just FYI in case you want to share them you will need to use a screen capture program. RF only records position, control data, etc. in it's stored flight files. You can't convert them to any visual format for viewing outside the program.

RF only records position, control data, etc. in it's stored flight files.

Good to know! Thanks!

I wondered why I didn't see any resource spikes during recording. I guess when you've already created the code to realistically simulate and display a flight based on position, orientation, 4D forces, and motion vectors and speeds, it makes a certain amount of sense to let users use purpose-built screen recorder software and format conversion software. Recording a few dozen variables and playing them back as input to the sim is a very powerful feature at almost no cost.

I'm sure you already tried this, but I'll ask anyway. Did you delete the recordings in the RF->Simulation->Manage User Files... dialog? They are probably just cached in an internal file that you haven't yet gotten to. It's the preferred way of dealing with the files you don't want cluttering up the place and should clear any internal list caches.
Yes...been there, done that.....lol. I'd also like to know if you or anyone else has the same issue. Just did a complete reinstallation of RF9 but it is still the same. This is not exactly the type of "thing" that someone would notice right away. FWIW.....the installation always go's perfectly and there are NO REMAINING FILES from the previous installation because I use a fabulous program called "Rollback" that will take snapshots of the hard drive so that if there are ANY problems at all, with any software, I can revert to a good snapshot. I've been using it for years and it really is the ULTIMATE uninstaller. I'm starting to believe that this MAY be a bug in the coding.

It is simply a list of the most recently viewed recordings. Even if you delete the recording it will still be shown there. The list is actually stored in the Documents - RF9 - RealFlight.ini file. If you open it with notepad search for this: (Example shows 1 recording I did named Hephaestus_Gaui X3 then deleted)

[MRUMenu6]
Item1=STRING:Hephaestus_Gaui X3
NumItems=INT:1
UserParam1=INT:0

If you change it back to this and save out the file your list will then be blank on the next reload:

[MRUMenu6]
NumItems=INT:0

Hope that helps you out in getting them off your screen. I suggest backing up the RealFlight.ini file somewhere else in case you mess it up.

It is simply a list of the most recently viewed recordings. Even if you delete the recording it will still be shown there. The list is actually stored in the Documents - RF9 - RealFlight.ini file. If you open it with notepad search for this: (Example shows 1 recording I did named Hephaestus_Gaui X3 then deleted)

[MRUMenu6]
Item1=STRING:Hephaestus_Gaui X3
NumItems=INT:1

If you change it back to this and save out the file your list will then be blank on the next reload:

[MRUMenu6]
NumItems=INT:0

Hope that helps you out in getting them off your screen. I suggest backing up the RealFlight.ini file somewhere else in case you mess it up.
Thanks,,I'm going to try it...I'll let you know what happens.....Just wondering if YOU see the same thing?

Thanks,,I'm going to try it...I'll let you know what happens.....Just wondering if YOU see the same thing?

Yes my list remains even if I delete the recording file. If you click on it it will give you an error message since it's no longer there. Editing that file is the only solution to changing what shows.

Yes my list remains even if I delete the recording file. If you click on it it will give you an error message since it's no longer there. Editing that file is the only solution to changing what shows.
Thanks for the info.....it would be nice, however, if the list would "shrink" when the file is deleted rather than continually getting longer. Everyone might not want to save EVERY flight. Yes.....I see the error message every time. To bad a file edit is the only way.

Back