Dell Inspiron 1525 Crash

buffetbob

I'm a bit confused. When flying after a few minutes my computer all of a sudden crashes while flying. It's not consistent so I can't find what's setting it off. Times I can fly for ten min and then sometimes for just a couple then computer shuts down. Tried all the various compatibilty modes as well. Running WIN7 Ultimate w/plenty of hard disk space 10GB+ and 4 GB RAM. Video card is Intel 965 Express Mobile Chipset with all updates to date... Anyone got a silver bullet I cna try? Thanks!

Heat!
Take it off you're lap, set it on a frozen gel pack, see what hapens. If it does better, buy a cooling stand to set it on.

Agreed...

An error in Realflight would merely cause a "crash to desktop" and would not take down the whole machine.

If you are getting a blue screen, reboot, etc. then look to your system.

Given that you can run Realflight for a while it is most likely that RF taxes your system more than other programs you use, exposing an inherent problem.

If it's a laptop, well make SURE it's not on your lap and that you blow out the cooling vents to get rid of dust bunnies.

If this does not cure the problem, plan on taking the vendor to task.

Crash

Thanks! I took the advice from another post about resizing the screen so it's not in max size and it works fine. Thanks for the assist!

That's a workaround, but not a fix to the more likely heat issue.

Try updating the video drivers too.

Inspiron 1525 Crash

Thanks for the inputs. It's a combo of heat as stated before and screen size. I put it on a gel pack and it lasted until we got tired of flying around...lol. Anyway, I'll get a cooling fan attachment and it should last longer. I also tweaked some of the windows display components to take as much of a load off the video card. Seems to be working. I really appreciate the assist!

Back