Depth buffer rectangulars have rough seams

I'm trying to add depth buffers to a lake front photofield, but have been unable to find a satisfactory flat landing surface that can be positioned above the water level. The depth buffer rectangles would be perfect, except that they are not seamless when butted together. Planes crash by merely rolling from one to the other, as if hitting something.

Runways are useless, as they have no Z position to get them above water level. Also there's a floating runway, but it has a gutter along both sides.

I can almost get the "shallow 30ft rect" to work together by adding a berm in between, which is slightly taller than the rectangles, but success is inconsistent from flight to flight. Very frustrating.

This rough seams problem appears to be a bug. Meanwhile, does anyone know of a workaround for a long and narrow strip of land?

Attachments

• depthBuffers.jpg
    depthBuffers.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 13
I'm trying to add depth buffers to a lake front photofield, but have been unable to find a satisfactory flat landing surface that can be positioned above the water level. The depth buffer rectangles would be perfect, except that they are not seamless when butted together. Planes crash by merely rolling from one to the other, as if hitting something.

Runways are useless, as they have no Z position to get them above water level. Also there's a floating runway, but it has a gutter along both sides.

I can almost get the "shallow 30ft rect" to work together by adding a berm in between, which is slightly taller than the rectangles, but success is inconsistent from flight to flight. Very frustrating.

This rough seams problem appears to be a bug. Meanwhile, does anyone know of a workaround for a long and narrow strip of land?

Under fences try one of the Mottled brick walls buried underground (short) or on its side (long) or the solid wood fence on its side

Last edited:
Thanks guys. As it turns out, the depth buffer rectangles were the problem and nothing was going to make them work. One of the solid wood fences did the job, beautiful.

Well, I spoke too soon. Further testing has revealed that even the fences have a seam that the aircraft runs into. Particularly, the Cub float plane which has tiny wheels.

Because the fences are so long though, I can position the seams further from the pilot spawn. So, they're still an improvement over the depth buffer rectangles.

Well, I spoke too soon. Further testing has revealed that even the fences have a seam that the aircraft runs into. Particularly, the Cub float plane which has tiny wheels.

Because the fences are so long though, I can position the seams further from the pilot spawn. So, they're still an improvement over the depth buffer rectangles.

There is no rolling between collision meshes in RF what is the aspect ratio of the runway

Tell me the length and with, and what you want it too look like, and i willake one for you, espicial!
That would be great, thank you. I guess I'll have to share this one once it's done. :D

Well, how about let's use the fences as a basis and go with a height of 4.09ft, width 1.00ft and length 61.35ft? As with the fences, the ability to roll 90 degrees longitudinally to make a flat surface instead of a fence.

Nothing fancy for the skin, since it will be an unseen depth buffer only (using the grass that's already on the photofield image). All red or gray would be fine.

Under benches chairs and tables; table top AR 16:1
That table is the correct dimension for the job; however, it is somehow magnetic and won't release the plane on takeoff the way it should. This is regardless of the chosen material type.

LOL, and as if that's not bad enough, all my foliage got scattered when I set up folders and did cut and paste, saving as I went along because the editor is prone to crashing. I have to start all over again on that. I have no desire to ever image a water scene again.

Back