Designers Jet Challange

strongmankb

I have a rough model of an X-35 that I did a while back and I don't have time to finish it. I would love to see this model equipped with the opening doors for the turbofan in the front and the swiveling engine in the rear. I can help with the flight physics and colorscheme once the model is in Realflight G3.5. The doors and engine swivel could operate on the knob or 3 position switch.

Is anyone up for the challange?

I can send you the .3ds file just send me a private message with your email.

Here is the X-35 in action. I think this would be an awesome addition to Realflight.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2HcFrlUcMHU

I've also attatched a photo of my model.

Thanks,

Strongmankb

Attachments

• X-35 Lightning.jpg
    X-35 Lightning.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 28
man i have been wainting this plane for a while..to bad i dont have any soft ware i think it will go great with realflight

Here is a three view of the vertical takeoff varient and a picture of the vertical thrust nozzle and fan activated.

Attachments

• X-35.jpg
    X-35.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Thrust opening.jpg
    Thrust opening.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 27
Rear Nozzle

Here is a better picture of the rear nozzle being activated.

Attachments

• Nozzle.jpg
    Nozzle.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 18
KB, I hate to tell you this, but I think you'll be hard pressed to find a modeler to take on a project that you don't have time for. Time is limited for them, too. Perhaps you can make the time to finish it yourself, if you really want it.

jeffpn said:
KB, I hate to tell you this, but I think you'll be hard pressed to find a modeler to take on a project that you don't have time for. Time is limited for them, too. Perhaps you can make the time to finish it yourself, if you really want it.
Modelling for me has been put on an extreme hold until my work load lightens up. When sping/summer hits, my time in the house is very limited. Ranges from 10 to 30 minutes max, just long enough to eat. Then I work from about 6:30am until 10:30pm usually taking intermitent breaks along the way. As you can imagine I normally just go straight to bed afterwards so that I can get up and do it all over again the next day. Oh yeah, this is normally 7 days a week for about 2 or 3 months. I just got G4 a couple weeks ago and have barely touched it for that reason. :(

Reason for asking for help

The reason I'm asking for help is because I'm graduating from the University of Oklahoma with a Construction Science degree and going to work as a project engineer for a contractor in Dallas, TX. I will be working long hours and won't have enough time to finish getting the model into Realflight G3.5. If someone is interested in helping me finish this project let me know.

I also don't know how to create the complicated moving parts for this jet, but I would really appreciate it if someone could help me make this a reality. I can supply any need info or pictures just let me know.

Thanks,

Strongmankb

My point, KB, is that pretty much all the modelers here have jobs or other commtiments just like you do. They all work long hours. One of the newer ones is a student about to have a baby. Just keep plugging away at it, and when you have a question about pivots or anything else, post your question here in this thread. The modellers are more than happy to answer specific questions that you have. It's always good to have another modeler here. DHK79 has an excellent tutorial that covers the process from start to finish. That link was recently cited in another thread.

as far as this goes what version of this jet are you doing. not every version will have VTOL only the marines version will. so complicated moving parts is cut down depending on the version

I want to do the VTOL version but I don't have a clue where to start to make the needed moving parts. I need someone with more experience to help me with this project.

I also forgot to metion I don't have the needed programs to get the model into G3.5. I created the model using G-max then converted it using a trial version of deep exploration. Let me know if anyone wants to help make this jet a reality.

Thanks,

Strongmankb

Please Consider

Whenever one of the designers gets some free time or is looking for a project to do I would really appreciate this project for consideration. The modeling and texture mapping are already done. I just don't have access to the programs needed to finish getting this into Realflight G3.5. Let me know if one of you can help and I'll send you all of my files.

The Bobcat and F-104 are two of my models that were completed with the help of others.

Thanks,

Strongmankb

Hummmm

Hey Strongmankb

do you have the Add-on pack with the Harrier jump jet, you can probably do a copy of its physics and adjust it for that model. I'm not sure if I could do any thing with it but I like to see it and curious about if I can take the #######.rh ( Deep Exp file format) and play with it.

The Mulit twist that the exhaust does to turn down I'm 99.9 % sure cant be done, but if you built it right in G-Max ( made it to look like it was pointing down ) you might be able to rotate it up and hid it in the body of the Aircraft. Of make it like a banded plate suite of armor Elbow. That might work too and just rotate the end and the second section down

Pm me about it if you can

Update

OK while being really board but not doing any thing that I really need to be doing I took another look at the X-35. I cut out some doors, made a hollow space, and made two extra parts that should rotate down to fill the gap when the nozzle rotates down. Not really sure how the thrust will work but I should be able to make it look good at faking it.

Ps if you start another model make sure it nose of the model is facing the blue Z axis arrow, ( or rotated where nose and arrow point away from each other )

Attachments

• X-35-001.JPG
    X-35-001.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 6
  • X-35-002.JPG
    X-35-002.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 10
  • X-35-003.JPG
    X-35-003.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 15
  • X-35-004.JPG
    X-35-004.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 9
here are some other pictures of it. It appears that we took some ideas from the Yak-141 freestyle......alot of ideas...

Attachments

• F-35.jpg
    F-35.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Yak 141.jpg
    Yak 141.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 28
when will this be finished? i love this plane and it would be really kool to have it on the sim. will it have some bombs INSIDE of the plane like the real one?

Back