DJI Phantom Quad

HeliPilot_ToBe

Does Knife Edge have any plans to add the DJI Phantom Quad to its list of modeled aircraft? I've enjoyed FS 6.5 and want to get more into quad flying but very few quads exist as a modeled a/c. Frosting on the cake would be programming to include various GPS functions like Fail-Safe Return To Home, Home Lock and Course Lock features. Just dreaming.... unless someone asks, chances are it won't happen. ;)

PS: A German FS already offers the Phantom as an option a/c but I'd like to buy from the US if at all possible.

You have a couple of issues that might prevent you from getting a true DJI Phantom created. First the Phantom is not part of the TowerHobby family of products. That means that one of the designers here working for free would have to pick up the project. You would need to provide some information to get someone interested... many views of the aircraft, weights, any details about motors and Escs possible.

The part about carefree flying is not currently implemented in Real Flight. Return to home same thing. I can see these features being useful and who knows... they might be included at some point in time. You are going to have to help and do some homework to get someone to donate their time.

DJI Phantom Model

You have a couple of issues that might prevent you from getting a true DJI Phantom created. First the Phantom is not part of the TowerHobby family of products. That means that one of the designers here working for free would have to pick up the project. You would need to provide some information to get someone interested... many views of the aircraft, weights, any details about motors and Escs possible.

The part about carefree flying is not currently implemented in Real Flight. Return to home same thing. I can see these features being useful and who knows... they might be included at some point in time. You are going to have to help and do some homework to get someone to donate their time.

I'd be glad to help... let me know who the designer is and how we pass information/comments back & forth. The Phantom is rapidly growing in popularity, so the addition of this quad to your list of available modeled a/c would interest many potential customers

Post the information in this thread... and wait for someone to respond... you want pics taken at 90 degrees. top bottom, side, 45 degree view of side, all the information you can come up with, including prop size, etc.

You are asking for something that not many have done, so be patient.

Post the information in this thread... and wait for someone to respond... you want pics taken at 90 degrees. top bottom, side, 45 degree view of side, all the information you can come up with, including prop size, etc.

You are asking for something that not many have done, so be patient.

Thanks for your help ....

I understand that a designer's work in this project would be voluntary so if any designer is interested, please PM me to discuss specifics. I'll provide what I can but will await specific request(s).

Back