Do 2.4Ghz transmitters work with G5

Just say'n

Funn Finn,
Had the same problem with MY 7C 2.4 ghz.....No way any posted or written material made this IMPORTANT point. If you connect the short adapter cable to the Interlink box and long cable to the 7C 2.4, no harm is done, but RealFlight G5 will not see your RF transmitter box in the " Controller " select box.
Can't believe I did such a basic goof but it happened! You probabily discovered this for yourself by now, but info for anyone else scratching their heads because all the other things don't cure the problem. :D

Futaba T8FG works well

I use my Futaba T8FG in the "RF OFF" mode in combination with my good old Interlink Plus box that came with RealFlight version 3. I use the upgrade software.

Furthermore, I power the T8FG with a 7.2 VDC "Wall wart" connected with a futaba "J" plug in order to save charging cycles on the transmitter battery. I do not recommend this power supply solution, but it works for me.

The interface cord is the same one I used with my Futaba T9CAP, but I used to use the nicad to power it.

I find that this setup improves the realism for me and provides the digital trims not present on my Interlink Plus interface controller. When I flew the initial flight of my 87" Wild Hare 260, I felt like I had been flying it for weeks due to RealFlight Practice sessions.

In my opinion, no one should try RC flight without first gaining proficiency with a good simulator, RealFlight or otherwise.

Maj. Numbskully said:
Do a little home work !
opjose states the he does not have a Futaba 7c .....yet he was even able to direct you to the page # in the 7c manual !
It can't be that hard to find out information on equiptment that YOU own :confused:

fyi...most people do not use there RW TX for various resons after getting them to work in RF...one of them being .....
why do would want to wear out your RW TX?
they are not designed for the 3-5 hours(or more :D ) of RF flying EVERYDAY
for months
God forbid that something wears out or breaks (like a gimble)at the field from using your TX so much in RF ....right in the middle or a piro or knife edge :eek:
The worse part is that you would have to replace or repair far more than just your 7c.....but its a free country do what you want :D

Good Point. :)

Back