Do you have RF9 (or 8) and Oculus Rift S?

I have RC7 Ultimate. The heli physics are unlike any other sim. I find them the most difficult to fly of the all ones I have installed. From what I've heard RC8 is out but kinda still under development and fixes.

Interesting! Does 'most difficult' = More realistic?

Not alot in RC8? As in a barebones sim?

How's the multiplayer... lots of pilots? Any heli pilots? Lol... not many of us heli pilots on RF multi these days. Total plank & drone world.

How's the editor? I've never seen anything like the RF editor. I've tried Phoenix, NeXt and AccuRC. All those editors are 'clownshoes' compared to RF.

You've already told me the most important part... that the heli physics aren't up to scratch. But somehow I'm still curious. I'd get the demo, but that's just one trainer airplane which is just to see if the machine will run it.

Thanks for your opinions.

Actually what I meant to say was that Aerofly RC8 heli physics are almost as good as RF9. Both are very usable.

I don't know about multiplayer since I have never used this on either sim. I know both have them and I think multiplayers need to all be using the same versions.

Nothing beats the RF editor but RC8 is very good and easy to use for fine tuning most settings. One thing I like about RC8 is that when you make changes you do not need to save a separate copy, it just sticks until you change them again.

Also, there are nowhere near as many User models with RC8. Probably only ~10-15 right now but this should improve when they finetune RC7 model import options. No big deal for me since I often find both of these sims have way more aircraft than I need. If you are like me you probably only use a few favourites.

I hope this helps. However, no sims are perfect so this is why I have both of these now. BTW, I tried the latest version of AccuRC yesterday and imho it's still work in progress (beta) imho.

Interesting! Does 'most difficult' = More realistic?

In a way yes. It could be I don't have any of them configured beyond whatever default settings they have. I have no problem flying them it's just they take more concentration and control like IRL. I'm using the Interlink Elite in RC7 with no problems.

I have RC7 Ultimate. The heli physics are unlike any other sim. I find them the most difficult to fly of the all ones I have installed. From what I've heard RC8 is out but kinda still under development and fixes.

I don't have RC7 but RC8 seems pretty well as good as RF8 to me. Really depends on your settings. With RC8 I've found I need to add ~25-30% expo for pitch/roll, and ~10% expo on yaw to get the same feel as the stock RF8/9 heli's (which all have some built into them). The RC8 controller editor makes this a fast and easy thing to do.

All early bugs with RC8 (including the latest Rift S fixes) have been ironed out and it seems very stable to me. The Vulcan graphics option is still beta but this should be released in the near future. I'm actually using it right now (just needed to edit one line in the config file) and it works great.

Just a comment on Rift CV1 vs RiftS.
The resolution improvement is more than you would expect from the specs alone.
Original Rift totally unusable for Pattern style practice. Too blurry at the distance flown. Rift S is much better and usable. Still not the resolution that you would want though.

Just a comment on Rift CV1 vs RiftS.
The resolution improvement is more than you would expect from the specs alone.
Original Rift totally unusable for Pattern style practice. Too blurry at the distance flown. Rift S is much better and usable. Still not the resolution that you would want though.

I agree with this. I'm looking forward to getting my new, higher res Vive Cosmos next week and it should be interesting to see if the increased res helps rf8/9 VR. I'll let you all know.

I agree with this. I'm looking forward to getting my new, higher res Vive Cosmos next week and it should be interesting to see if the increased res helps rf8/9 VR. I'll let you all know.

Yes, very interested in this. I'm using the original Rift and though the experience is great... resolution leaves much to be desired.

And I would assume that a higher rez headset would make all the difference, but some have said that Realflight is limited because it's DirectX 9. Seems like any program would run in the native resolution of the headset, but the proof is in the flying.

Please do let us all know! :)

Back