Does RF9 run your computer hot?

jdouglasj

I have a 2019 Macbook Pro with Windows installed through BootCamp. When I run RF9 it makes my computer very hot. The fan comes on early and stays on, and eventually the computer is hot to touch. This is usually represents a coding problem and an inefficient use of hardware resources. Are other Bootcamp/Mac users experiencing the same thing? Do PC users experience this?

I don't have any heating issues running RealFlight 9 on my Windows 10 PC. I would imagine the problem is in the coding for BootCamp there would normally be lots of overhead catching and converting all the graphics calls.

Frankly any graphics intensive software on a tablet, laptop or MacBook will run hot, as the graphics "card" is being flogged hard and these designs are intrinsically difficult to cool. A more orthodox pc "desktop" with better cooling will perform better in terms of cooling.

Running a VM (windows on a MBP) is already a large drain on resources, then you run a graphics heavy program like a flight simulator on it its going to strain those resources more. Combine that with the less than stellar cooling of a MBP and thats why its getting hot, there are cooling pads for the MBP if you want, or just pick up a middle of the road windows machine. Other Option go full out gaming PC, I can run RF9 on the best graphic settings and still not go over 50% load on my GPUs

Back