Dogfighting contest

ZombiezuRFER

Are there dogfighting contests? Does anybody have any planes with the guns? Are there any supreme modders out there that can do me a favor? What I dlike to see is an the G4.5 F35B with some missile like on the F4 phantom and guns like on Drmoo!'s planes. Can anybody do that and host a jet dogfighting thing? Please help me if you think that would be cool.

PS> I can't mod very well :(

Normaly the "Dog figts" break out by some one getting in one of my P-51's then the rest of the session switches over and we jsut got at it and have lots of fun :D

(also, im making more planes with guns :D)

Not really the "game" for this

This sim is really not designed for combat. There are a lot of other choices out on the market for that. RF is designed to get RC pilots in the air and flying aerobatics and 3D. Some guys get hot about using this "SIMULATOR" as a "GAME". In our heart of hearts we know it is both. Sometimes you get people in a MP session that want to chase, but mostly not.

RF dogs fighting

Dog fighting in RF would be like you and your friend at 7 playing cops and robbers..

"Bang Bang, I shot you,,"

" No you missed "

" No No I got you in the head twice"

" No you didn't I got a helmet on"

"My bullets can go through your metal,, Ect Ect Ect :rolleyes:

There is one way of doing this with plane with drop bombs. :rolleyes: At least it works in G3.5 . If you attach streamers to the bombs correctly they become quite deadly. Infact if you lay them across the runway just right you make it usless for anything other then a heli or a VSTOL.

The best that I have ever seen is when we used to have slope combat sessions. I don't remember who it was that set it up but it was a blast.

Everybody was in the same glider (different colors) with different spawn points.

You could hit and be hit, points were given out if the other person got knocked to the ground and had to reset.

All players had to have collisions turned ON!

Attachments

• ScreenShot1253566805.jpg
    ScreenShot1253566805.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 14
That was a lot of fun and more difficult then I thought it would be.

What I think would be fun would be an indoor combat. No where to hide , more things to knock you out ,no landing , and must be a photo field so no one can do chase or cockpit view.

Last man flying wins!

coll

Only thing I found out about combat for RF is that if you are the one that hit another player RF makes your plane fall apart more often then not.

Last edited:
I have heard of "RC Combat" with streamers. Just out of curiosity has any one tried hitting a streamer of another plane. I wonder what would happen. I know of other people who would build cheap V tails and just try to hit the tail section, though it sounds like collisions like that in multiplayer would not work

I have not mastered getting online for multiplayer yet, otherwise I would try some of these myself.

Pete

Combat planes for RF

I do RC combat in real life. Most of the people in the club uses the club designed Spad Cat Tomcat. It is made out of Cora-Plastic . ( Corrugated Plastic sheets made like corrugates Cardboard ). The streamers are crape paper. It break easy and the string is soft cotton. Kite string get raped around the prop and will kill the engine. It based on Slow Survivable Combat AMA Rules, and is a point based contest. Points for on time take off,. landing on the runway ( finishing the event), Dead sticking on the runway, points for the feet of ribbon you have left after landing. And of course points for cutting off or at least some part of another players ribbon. Even if you lost your ribbon you can still get points for the rest of events.

Real flight can not ( so far ) detect hit on ribbons. The best you can do is just place ribbons on two plane and chase each other around.

I have molded the Spad Cat Tomcat for RF and it is on the SWAPS HERE with a ribbon on it. Another person molded the Sig wonder and I finished it. It is on the SWAPS HERE and I have the Battle Axe model and just waiting on finial approval from the guys at treneffrc.com
It will be posted soon.

There is a thread for the combat planes when they where modeled here.

Enjoy

Back