dongle question

Yes, but not as a replacement for the Interlink Elite,
you still need the G4/G4.5 Interlink Elite to use the software.

eyl64uk said:
Hi phrank

I just pmed you :D

steve
That reminds me of when I would use AOL IM. I would come home, and see a chat window from my mother, "Are you there?" Then I would check my email, and I'd find one from her saying that she tried to IM me, but I must not have been there. (Yeah, I saw that.) Then I'd notice the red light blinking on the answering machine. Yep, you guessed it. Now, it's not like she was worried about me, she was just letting me know that she IMed me, which I knew when I saw the chat window opened up.

My point is that it's guaranteed that he will see that PM before he reads this thread.

No. You may not illegally download the software and use your old controller.

You have to buy it like the rest of us or stick with 3.5 (which isn't really all that bad anyway).

-Eric

Quote-That reminds me of when I would use AOL IM. I would come home, and see a chat window from my mother, "Are you there?" Then I would check my email, and I'd find one from her saying that she tried to IM me, but I must not have been there. (Yeah, I saw that.) Then I'd notice the red light blinking on the answering machine. Yep, you guessed it. Now, it's not like she was worried about me, she was just letting me know that she IMed me, which I knew when I saw the chat window opened up.

My point is that it's guaranteed that he will see that PM before he reads this thread.

jffpn
I cant believe the time you spend just to give someone crap or tell them what they are doing that you dont like. If you cant say somthing helpfull or constructive dont bother.

Lonnie, did you notice that the person to whom I directed the post got a laugh out of it? Lighten up.

LonnieO said:
Quote-That reminds me of when I would use AOL IM. I would come home, and see a chat window from my mother, "Are you there?" Then I would check my email, and I'd find one from her saying that she tried to IM me, but I must not have been there. (Yeah, I saw that.) Then I'd notice the red light blinking on the answering machine. Yep, you guessed it. Now, it's not like she was worried about me, she was just letting me know that she IMed me, which I knew when I saw the chat window opened up.

jffpn
I cant believe the time you spend just to give someone crap or tell them what they are doing that you dont like. If you cant say somthing helpfull or constructive dont bother.

BINGO - jffpn does that all the time, i just ignore him. he doesnt have anything to say that would help me, lol :D

crack

eyl64uk said:
Hi guys

I have a question, will the G3.5 dongle transmitter work on G4 and G4.5 software

thanks

steve

OK! first off your question tells us all that you have a pirated version of G3.5 and you want to know if the dongle (crack) works with G4 or G4.5>

Also im not saying im against pirating, cause i have done it. BUT! coming on a forum that is related to Realflight and admitting that you use a dongle, you have balls...

Not a good idea, lol... :eek:

eyl64uk said:
Hi guys

I have a question, will the G3.5 dongle transmitter work on G4 and G4.5 software

thanks

steve

As Jim B. is so found of saying, please call Tech support and have your G4.x information handy.

Have a look here and here for the real flybynight.

He's calling the Interlink the Dongle, flybynight, not anything else that you've heard of. Yes, he may be trying to use G4 with only a G3 Interlink (which is wrong), but he may also be wanting to fly in multimode, where the G3 Interlink will work as a second controller.

Well, the poor dude said G3.5 dongle transmitter which one would assume he's talking about the Interlink Plus.
Now, if he would have said dongle emulator, that would have been something different.

Hi guys

If I had known this question was going to cause so much upset I would have never asked it in the first place.

firstly please stop argueing over this, the last thing I wanted to do was to upset everybody on the forum.

The reason I asked the question is because a friend of mine has legally brought the G3.5 from ebay and he loves it, and he came round the other night and played on my G4 which I have legaly brought, and he wanted to know if he could upgrade his G3.5 to G4. I didn't ask any questions where he got the software from thats his business not mine, But I said I am a member of the Knife edge forum and the lads on there are a great bunch and I told him that I would ask you guys seeing as you are in the know and see what you said.

I told him to bring his transmitter round next time and we can try it on mine, but he didn't think that was a good idea just in case it screwed my G4, so to be on the safe side, we decided to ask guys you first.

That was the reason for the question, I'm really sorry for all the upset I have caused on the forum, and for that I apologise to you all, but I dont download pirated software and never will.

to proove that, I have attached a pic of my G4 interlink to show you all that I'm genuine.

I hope this clears this arguement up, and we can all be friends again, for all those members that stood up for me during this arguement, I say thankyou for your help and support, for those who didn't, well, I guess your entitled to your own opinion.

kind regards all

steve

Attachments

• DCP_0058.JPG
    DCP_0058.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 18
Well Steve.... you caused all the commotion... If you explained it the way you just did, you would have gotten a much better response. No you cannot just upgrade 3.5 software to 4.0 or 4.5... you have to buy a 4.x interlink box/software because it contains the device (dongle) that unlocks Real Flight. There was once a price break for 3.5 upgrading... you would have to ask KE or Great Planes about that. Call/or write to technical support and they will be able to answer that question.

I am pretty sure that it is possible and quite acceptable to hook a 3.5 box to the sim when a 4.x box is running the program. You can then both fly in a split screen arrangement. I have only done this with two 4.5 boxes attached. Keep in mind the principle of one pay-one user, if that is happening, usually it will work for you. Those nice folks at KE have mortgages and hungry kids to feed too. (I am not saying you don't know that) You seem like an upright guy who asked the wrong question.

This question usually almost ALWAYS leads to someone trying to cheat the system. I am glad to see that you are legit.

Last edited:
Ok guy's I have been doing a search for this answer for a few hours now and I guess these post say it all.

From what I have read is............

I Cannot upgrade my G3.5 to a 4 and 4.5.........

I have to buy all new again, is this a FACT ??

ZoomBoom said:
Ok guy's I have been doing a search for this answer for a few hours now and I guess these post say it all.

From what I have read is............

I Cannot upgrade my G3.5 to a 4 and 4.5.........

I have to buy all new again, is this a FACT ??
It's a fact!!!

Here's my story:
I bought RF G2
I bought RF G3.0
I upgraded for free to G3.5
I bought RF G4.0
I upgraded for free to G4.5

(Microsoft and many other companies make you "buy all new again," too.)

Back