Dongle with a Spektrum DX8 controller successfully. When I run Real Flight, it complains it has no controller.

RAFBruce

I have my DX8 Paired with the Dongle OK, but how do I link this with the Real Flight Trainer program? The program doesn't see it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What kind of "dongle" (USB receiver) are you using?

Windows should recognize it as a game controller automatically, which is what RealFlight needs in order to find it. If you run a program called joy.cpl (included with Windows; just search for it), you should see something listed there whenever the receiver is plugged in.

The Dongle is a Spectrum 2000 device which was provided with the Carbon Cub & Real Flight Trainer software. The Spectrum 2000 is a controller simulator that works with my DX8 (& other Spektrum Controllers) controller after it is paired. It has a button that you hold in when plugging it into a USB port on the PC which contains the Steam & the Real Flight software, you then use your DX8 Controller binding button to complete the process which should enable the RF Software to recognize it as a RF Controller only it doesn't!

Will try your suggestion to find joy.cpl etc.... Will let you know.....

Back