technoid

Douglas DC-4_EA

technoid

technoid submitted a new upload:

Douglas DC-4_EA

Here's my version of the Douglas DC-4 it has a 220 in. wingspan, 4 radial engines, and a detailed cockpit. I like to fly it at the Sod Farm field because it has lots of room for a large plane. So give the DC-4 a try she looks great, sounds great, and fly's great.

Note: The plane is fully compatible with RF 7.5, RF 8, RF 9, and RF-X.

FEATURES:

Detailed Cockpit
Detailed Radial Engines
Custom Engine Power Curve
Custom Engine Sound Profile
Differential Engine control for turning...

View the Swap Page

Hi technoid! I bought the RF-9 and loaded your DC-4. It is magnificent model with great engine noises and rather realistic flight envelope. Do you have any plans to do a jetliner, the great DC-9 for example?

WOW... Nice Job... Flies great... Engines sound authentic in surround sound... Everything was close to perfect.... Just playing around I decided to run it out of fuel... if there was any flaw at all, in a gas multi engine, all 4 motors are not going to quit at the exact same time... But then again... Certainly not going to hold that against it... Great Job... Love flying it.... take offs are easy, lands very good, High Speed flyby is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing.

Just did this video for a Buddy of mine (trying to get him to get RF9)... I am not that good of an RC Pilot and it has been 7 years since I even picked up my transmitter, but here it is...
Please don't be too critical.. I am quite rusty.

Last edited:
I'm glad you like the plane. As for all the engines quitting at the same time I'm not sure if there's a way in RealFlight to have more than one fuel tank so they all stop at the same time. But I'll ask around and see if that's possible so I can use it next time if I can. But if you want to simulate that in flight you can use the "k" key to kill one engine at a time.

I'm glad you like the plane. As for all the engines quitting at the same time I'm not sure if there's a way in RealFlight to have more than one fuel tank so they all stop at the same time. But I'll ask around and see if that's possible so I can use it next time if I can. But if you want to simulate that in flight you can use the "k" key to kill one engine at a time.

Was unaware of the 'K' key... Will give that a try... In reagards to them quitting all at one time... Even with 1 tank, the hoses would be different lengths, so that would still mean a slightly staggered shutdown, but seriously, it is more of an observation than a complaint and certainly not going to fault the plane for that one... Has quickly become my favorite.

Was unaware of the 'K' key... Will give that a try... In reagards to them quitting all at one time... Even with 1 tank, the hoses would be different lengths, so that would still mean a slightly staggered shutdown, but seriously, it is more of an observation than a complaint and certainly not going to fault the plane for that one... Has quickly become my favorite.
Good deal give the "k" key a try it works but of course that's a manual thing to try for the fun of it. I didn't think you were complaining about the DC-4 I was just giving you my thoughts on what you said. And for the fuel line thing, yeah in real life the fuel lines would be different lengths but in the sim it all happens at once. But it would be cool if you could get the sim to shut down the engines more realistic. Here's some inside info on the planes name "Clipper Corvallis" that's the name of the city where KnifeEndge is located.

Good deal give the "k" key a try it works but of course that's a manual thing to try for the fun of it. I didn't think you were complaining about the DC-4 I was just giving you my thoughts on what you said. And for the fuel line thing, yeah in real life the fuel lines would be different lengths but in the sim it all happens at once. But it would be cool if you could get the sim to shut down the engines more realistic. Here's some inside info on the planes name "Clipper Corvallis" that's the name of the city where KnifeEndge is located.

I decided to play with the "K" Key... Took off on 1 & 4, Shut down number 2 in flight... Handled well on 2, a little sluggish on 2. Would still climb on 2 engines, but nothing to brag about...

Good golly technoid! This airplane is so beautiful. It was the first airplane I downloaded a few months ago when I got RealFlight, and now I'm flying it again and I'm noticing anew how jaw-dropping nice it is.

For what's it worth.............
Out of the hundreds of planes I have flown in RF9.5 and downloaded from these pages this Douglas DC-4 technoid has built is the #1 best for the scale-like flying I prefer.The brakes on the up elevator and engine power add-ons are also a nice touch for taxiing. Really well done. Of course, being from Canada I have to fly with Joe McBryan's Buffalo Airways colour scheme. A very close second would have to go to Ghost129er Beaufighter, a great model to fly. Thanks to all the particpants.

For what's it worth.............
Out of the hundreds of planes I have flown in RF9.5 and downloaded from these pages this Douglas DC-4 technoid has built is the #1 best for the scale-like flying I prefer.The brakes on the up elevator and engine power add-ons are also a nice touch for taxiing. Really well done. Of course, being from Canada I have to fly with Joe McBryan's Buffalo Airways colour scheme. A very close second would have to go to Ghost129er Beaufighter, a great model to fly. Thanks to all the particpants.
Thanks I'm glad to hear you like my plane have fun with it.

Just for that, I'm going to go fly the DC-4 right now! ?✈?
index.php

I have also downloaded this a/c but can't get the brakes to release no matter what position the elevator is in.
i am using a dx6i with a spectrum wireless dongle.
I am hoping some one has a cure for this or am i doing something wrong.
thanks

Back