Download Aircraft Issue

Porscheboy

Guys, first off hello from a noobie and possibly an ex Phoenix user. I am running Win7

I have RF7 and the expansion pack. I have successfully downloaded a Trex 600 from the RF7 dBase, but I really want a Trex 700, the only one there is, has been created in RF6.5 and when I download it and try to install, it simultaneously comes up with a red and green comment, one say successful download the says unsuccessful download, when I click on the green comment it says something about selecting an aircraft you don't have and will not go to the DDE portion (like the 600 did).

Any ideas? (I have tried turning off antivirus and firewall to no avail) :mad:

Regards
Paul

Are you downloading the EA? (Entire Aircraft)

Can't remember (at work right now) but I am pretty sure I am as I click the rectangle with the big green arrow in the swap pages RF7 section. This goes into my downloads folder, I then go to RF7 Simulation" menu in the upper-left corner, choose the "Import" sub-menu, and select "RealFlight Archive (RFX, G3X) this takes me to my downloads file, double click this and then the issues start (except with RF7 created stuff) I think...

Use the search box at the swaps and type in T-Rex 700. Several potions popup. Click the file name, not the arrow. This takes you to the info page for that file. Make sure its an EA. If an AV, there will be a required field that shows the EA the file is based on. You must have the EA before an AV.

Use the search box at the swaps and type in T-Rex 700. Several potions popup. Click the file name, not the arrow. This takes you to the info page for that file. Make sure its an EA. If an AV, there will be a required field that shows the EA the file is based on. You must have the EA before an AV.

Thanks. I'll have a look this evening.

Many thanks.. I was not loading the EA file first. Everything is fine now. I have a 700e DFC loaded although it has a 3GX (Yuck), but now I can plat with the settings to get it like my real 700e DFC v3 HV.
Thanks again.

What FBL unit is displayed on the bird visually has no impact on flight characteristics. There is no 3gx component, or Vbar component to select. So if you don't like the flight characteristics, tune them in the physics editor. If you get something you think is perfect, post the settings for everyone or an AV file to the swaps. In the sim world, at least here, there are no differences between FBL units. Most of this is personal taste anyway.

I prefer the BeastX anyway.

Last edited:
What FBL unit is displayed on the bird visually has no impact on flight characteristics. There is no 3gx component, or Vbar component to select. So if you don't like the flight characteristics, tune them in the physics editor. If you get something you think is perfect, post the settings for everyone or an AV file to the swaps. In the sim world, at least here, there are no differences between FBL units. Most of this is personal taste anyway.

I prefer the BeastX anyway.

Cheers Mate, that was sort of what I was trying to ask for (dont really care about that aspect of the visuals). Must admit I am struggling to find the ways to change typical flying characteristics. Is there an idiots guide for this?

For sure if I do find a decent (for me) set up I will find out how to post the settings. I have only had RF 7 for maybe a couple of weeks and have been more interested in comparing to Phoenix and getting some practice in, as the weather in the South of England has been total pants.
Cheers All.

Back