DX controller Glitch

asj5547

If I use the DX controller to browse the "new user interface" in RF Evolution, I press the cancel button on the DX to get to the main menu screen, then use the "Select Scroll Wheel" to move down to "Aircraft" and click the select scroll wheel, now I see the list of aircraft , so I start scrolling down the list, this works for a short time until I get booted out of RF on Steam and sent back to the Steam home page, where I have to click the play button to restart RF Evolution again.
If I use the windows mouse to scroll through the aircraft list, I have no problems.
Is this just a concern with my DX (Scroll wheel malfunction) or does this happen for other users.?

Attachments

• user interface-2.jpg
    user interface-2.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 8
  • user interface-3.jpg
    user interface-3.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 8
  • user interface-4.jpg
    user interface-4.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 8
We haven't seen this but I have filed a case about it. Thanks for your report.

What happens if you use the up/down arrow keys on your keyboard to move through the list? If you hold one down to move quickly through the list as with the controller wheel, does the same thing happen?

Yes, the concern is still there if I use the keyboard up/down keys, but after more testing I realized the Evolution Simulator crash only happens when I scroll down the list to the Giant Aeromaster model (a model from Addons 1), that model is not a stock aircraft in Evolution Simulator and should not have been in the list?, I was unable to copy/paste the Addons into the Evolution data folder (as I could in RF9.5). So, a uninstall/install of the Evolution Simulator fixed the problem (or so I thought) until I scrolled to a certain model (a custom import) and the simulator crashed again, but this time the fix was easy, just a re-import of the custom model and now the simulator is working perfect, and I can use the scroll wheel on the DX to browse the list of aircraft for selection.

Ah, okay, thanks for the follow-up info. It's not great that a "bad" custom model can cause a crash, but it sounds like that explains it at least.

You're correct, the old Add-Ons no longer work with RealFlight Evolution. They were released as-is many, many years ago (2009! I had to look šŸ˜), never to be touched again by us. They have continued to work ever since, but after all this time we finally made changes that break that compatibility. They had a good run...

Back