Dynamic Scenery Objects

td9cowboy

Now that we have this really cool grapple hook feature I've scoured through all of my files looking for some cool stuff to play with. There's not really many dynamic scenery objects available. Even if some kind modeler would create one, we don't seem to have a convenient way of importing/exporting one. Maybe KE could fix that in a future update?

I bet KE has a ton of stuff laying around that is collecting dust that could be used or easily converted for this new activity. A few freebies would be nice to get us started and build some interest. Maybe sneak a few into the existing airports on an update? After the market grows to a reasonable level they might want to consider the possibility of a DSO mega pack. I'd buy one if the stuff had interesting possibilities for things to do with them. That might be a great way to recycle some formerly created content that was thought to be now worthless at little to no cost to KE. Once we have the files in the sim we already have the ability to modify scale/weight/CG to make them suitable for our intended purpose.

These DSO's would also make good projects for guys looking to get started in modeling while they are still learning the basics or a good diversion for the seasoned veteran to create something different than the norm. The possibilities seem endless. If you build it ......I'll abuse it! :D

Last edited:
This would be a very good time for you to bite into Wings 3D, latest stable. We will hold you're hand untill you are up to you're chin.

How nice of you to offer, flex! :p It's not like you'd be stuck with helping him!!!

If you could get a list together of objects you would like to have in the game I would make atleast one from your list. I'm sure the other designers around here would be willing to follow suit. Jeff, Jimmy, Doug, Andy, myself...That's 5 objects right there. Let's say I make one and edit sod farm for example to contain my object jeff could then import that AP and add his object and so forth until we have an AP with all of the objects. Then upload it to the swaps as an AP soley to hold content. You can count me in for one DSO Steve. ;)

I'm more interested in keeping you guys off the streets and flying fields so I've got a nice quiet place to fly. ;)

I know KE wants to keep objects in airports so that it you can't be missing an object in an airport. I don't see any difference between that and not having someone's aircraft in a MP session. How about giving us the ability to import objects independently? If an object that we don't have is called in the sim, a default Smurf object shows instead. Then a new subcategory called Objects could be part of the RF6 swap pages.

Boof69 said:
If you could get a list together of objects you would like to have in the game I would make atleast one from your list. I'm sure the other designers around here would be willing to follow suit. Jeff, Jimmy, Doug, Andy, myself...That's 5 objects right there. Let's say I make one and edit sod farm for example to contain my object jeff could then import that AP and add his object and so forth until we have an AP with all of the objects. Then upload it to the swaps as an AP soley to hold content. You can count me in for one DSO Steve. ;)
I like the idea about creating an airport to include content until KE gives us a better option. I think we'd get a better mix of stuff if the builders just built what ever they wanted to whenever they had a little break in the action and wanted to do a quick project. I think starting off with a couple of things that the kids might enjoy like the one matt posted. That weeble that jeff and I experimented with was really cool only now an actual weeble could be modeled. I'd like that one! It's a proven fact that if interested(Justin Jee) a six year old can master a real 90 size 3D heli. Truth be known, they pick this stuff up a lot quicker than we do. If we can get a couple out there I'll get to work on editing a coaxial heli for the kids and Jeffpn to get started off with. :D

After that you guys can just use your imagination on what might be something cool to create a task to do. You can keep it simple or as complex as you like. It's all good. Place some air conditioners on a roof top. Load some logs on a truck. Move some hum v's to a remote site. Tanks, artillery,skids of supplies, the list is endless. Get bored with that, try it inverted! :eek: I'm sure a must have project will pop into my head soon. You just never know what your little two hour creation might inspire for a cool new flying field.

Last edited:
I have just made the flight deck and the log, which will be in the Carl H field, and posted in the check out.

As promised Jeff..... here's one for you and the kids to play with. If you put something in a field to pick up make sure it's weight is adjusted to it's minimum weight. You can use my posted training sight but adjust all the object weights to 2.2lb. At 200% this thing has to give it all it's got to lift it. It really shoots up when you release! :) If someone wants to scale it up and keep it flying decent please repost it here. Flip that clicker!

Attachments

• ScreenShot1320354416.jpg
    ScreenShot1320354416.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 16
  • RF 6 Heli-Max Axe EZ 200%_AV.RFX
    30.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Some suggestions:

Dynamic Objects...........
Apollo Space Capsule

Commercial AC Condenser

A Swimmer/Boater

A Cargo net with boxes inside

A Search and Rescue litter with a body in it (Dead / Alive your choice :p

Static Objects.............
Off Shore Oil Rig

ya
but not for any particular AP
I was just thinking of the typical things you see helies picking up

I've always thought RF needed an oil rig though............. but I guess you don't want to talk about static objects any more :p

Started it but it's not the only thing I'm working on. Who's doing the next lift object for the community AP?

Attachments

• Litter.jpg
    Litter.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 15
I'll reduce some polys later, but he will be strapped in and I'll add a metal basket handle.

Back