E-flite Blade models?

compasst

I upgraded from 3.3 to 6 in hopes of getting started in heli flight via simulation. I'm interested in E-flite craft, but am surprised to not find any in the new sim program.

I found a thread on the developer's site for an mcpx, but it appears that development stopped short of producing a file for swap pages (I posted a request there for an update). Searching the swap pages for mcpx turns up nothing. I did find a posting that said the Heli-Max Axe CP is close to to the mcpx. With the E-flite Blade mcpx receiving such wide-spread acceptance and with all the posting activity on the RC forums, I am surprised that it appears not to be offered in RF 6 as a stock model, let alone someone putting one up on swap files.

I did find an mcpx listing for RF 3.3, but that model produces error messages (test blade not found) when I try to use it in RF 6.

Are there E-flite heli models in RF 6? Am I not looking in the right place to find E-flite Heli simulator models?

EFlite models are distributed by Horizon Hobby. RF is distributed by Hobbico. Horizon Hobby distributes its own simulator. Essentially, you're wondering why Chevrolet doesn't sell F-150s, considering how popular they are. You can Google for your answer.

Given the universally high regard for RealFlight, I'd think the Knife Edge folks would embrace another universally highly regarded model maker, giving the consumer a really nice package - but then.... I guess my newbie is showing. :)

There are a handful of Eflite Blade models at the swaps.
I don't think the boys have nailed the physics for the mCPx that's why you won't find it there yet.
Last I heard it was in Mikeymike's hands, so it will take a long time. :p

compasst said:
Given the universally high regard for RealFlight, I'd think the Knife Edge folks would embrace another universally highly regarded model maker, giving the consumer a really nice package - but then.... I guess my newbie is showing. :)
I guess you don't understand my answer?

Jeff, add COPYRIGHT to your answer, tack it to a 2x4, and smack him up-side the head. Then maybe he'll understand. :cool:

This whole topic really chaps my cheeks. Could Hobbico sue Horrizon for copyright infringement if they decided to include a Helimax AXE Cp on their sim? Probably. Would they? I doubt it very much. I think they would be elated to get the extra exposure for their product. I bet Horrizon would love to have all their stuff on RF for the same reason. I think it's high time for these two mega distributors to work out an agreement so these simulators are no longer brand specific. It can't be too hard to agree to allow a depiction of your product on another sim as long as they allow yours. The sims could stand on their own merits and so could the products. If you're products won't stand up to the competitions on the open market, improve your products, don't try to keep your sim customers from seeing what the competition offers by hiding behind licensing issues. We're all figuring out what we are going to purchase just fine under the current plan. Stop using these sims as sales tools!!

Last edited:
I bet Horrizon would have the models built if Hobbico allowed it. I wonder what would happen if Horrizon decided to load up all the other sims free of charge. It's peanuts compared to their advertising budget.

Last edited:
Didn't KE have to remove a few stock or Ex. pack models for the very reasons being discussed here.......thought I read that somewhere here

I think Jim or Ryan mentioned one had to be pulled recently because of licensing issues. There's another company giving them all a lot of grief over a decal being used on the planes. Probably still want to be paid even though it's free advertising for them. That's this new world we all enjoy so much.

Maj. Numbskully said:
Didn't KE have to remove a few stock or Ex. pack models for the very reasons being discussed here.......thought I read that somewhere here

Yeah, and it's not even RC specific either. See how the graphics got dumbed down on the Sbach 342? Lycoming/Thunderbolt must be incredibly strict with trademarks apparently, as this isn't the first time this has happened for an RC sim as of late.

It's like they are trying to build a brand while keeping it top secret. Duh! I doubt you'd hear any complaints from Nike if that little slash showed up on one. It would be a little different if someone was knocking them off and using their logo on it. I get that. I try to keep track of companies that act like idiots over this kind of stuff and do my best to never do business with them.

Back